Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray Longevity

dg150

Question

What kind of life are you guys getting out of the ceramic spray coating?

I applied 2 coats of it 2 weeks ago. I did a decon was, clay bar, polish, prep wipe down before. I applied 1 coat that night and then a second coat the next morning. I sprayed the product into a microfiber then applied it to the paint in a crosshatch pattern. I let it sit on the paint for a minimum of 2 minutes before removing. 

Since then it has rain several times and I just got to wash it today. The upper panels still beaded great but from about the door handles down it was like there was nothing there. I thought maybe it was just road film so I tried mixing some citrus cleaner with my car shampoo. Same results after that. Next I tried a light clay on a small section but still flat water behavior. 

I'm not bashing the product but I'm curious if anyone else has had similar results or if anyone has some tips for getting more life out of it? I wanted to try it as a stand alone to see the life of it and was planning on doing ceramic boost after the wash today but now I'm thinking about redoing the ceramic spray. 

Edited by dg150

6 answers to this question

You’re looking at around 8-10 months of durability as long as you do the proper maintenance to it. Use Adams car shampoo for your weekly wash and ceramic boost once a month and you’ll be perfectly fine. Don’t use Adams detail spray or anything that has waxes in it, as it will interfere with the properties of a ceramic coating. 

Here is a video of my 18yr old Silverado, it was in horrible shape when I got it in May.  Stripped, clayed, used 1step polish and pad, surface prep, and Spray Coating.  This video was taken about a month ago.  The coating had been in place for 3 months with zero up keep and only 3 washes with the Blue Shampoo.  The results speak for themselves.  It is raining today,  maybe I’ll run out and get a video as well...

Oh yes I said zero upkeep, as in no CB or CWW, I did that on purpose to see the longevity of the product.  Also keep in mind this is the original formula,  the current formula on the site is updated with twice the active ingredient!

Ok, here it is today, in the rain, now 4 months from application.  Also keep in mind, this is only one layer of coating.  I believe Kyle said you can do 3 layers, an hour apart.

That will be my next test, I mean you have to admit, spray coating has got to be easier and faster than waxing a vehicle