Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help! Ceramic boost left dark spots

Jberlen

Question

A couple of weeks ago I strip washed, Clayed, brilliant glazed, then out Americana wax on my fiancé’s brown truck. Last week I washed her truck and tried the ceramic boost as a drying agent, it now has left dark oily looking streaks and spots on the truck. I washed the truck with ultra foaming shampoo and some were minimized but others not touched, I used a 50% ipa, distilled water mixture and that seemed to help some but with a lot of elbow grease. I have strip wash and not sure if i should use that or something else. Please help me out so my fiancé doesn’t get mad at me. 

8 answers to this question

I've never used ceramic boost as a drying aid but the old formula would leave "high" spots if you didn't buff it off good enough. Did you go back over it with a dry microfiber when after you dried each section? 

To remove it you could try the glaze again. If that doesn't work you may have to hit it with polish or wait for it to run through its life cycle, which if she's angry might not be an option. Haha With ceramic based products chemicals aren't always enough to remove the high spots. 

Edited by dg150

3 minutes ago, dg150 said:

I've never used ceramic boost as a drying aid but the old formula would leave "high" spots if you didn't buff it off good enough. Did you go back over it with a dry microfiber when after you dried each section? 

To remove it you could try the glaze again. If that doesn't work you may have to hit it with polish or wait for it to run through its life cycle, which if she's angry might not be an option. Haha With ceramic based products chemicals aren't always enough to remove the high spots. 

What’s the life cycle of ceramic boost? 

I i I think it is the old formula but not sure. I got it in a mystery bucket and figured I would give it a shot... I am quickly regretting that decision at this time. 

12 minutes ago, Jberlen said:

What’s the life cycle of ceramic boost? 

I i I think it is the old formula but not sure. I got it in a mystery bucket and figured I would give it a shot... I am quickly regretting that decision at this time. 

For vehicles left outside in the sun, heat and humidity 2-4 months for inside vehicles 3-6 months.   Did it leave the spots all over or in just a few places?  With 1.0 I had spots in a few places and it generally was my own fault, either I used too much product or went over too big of an area and didn't get it buffed out in a timely manner.   If you wet the car, then use a dampened microfiber towel, spray some Ceramic Boost on the damp towel, rub it well and make sure you can see the CB on the vehicle, then immediately go over it with a dry towel and then use a second dry towel on the spot again and the spots should be gone. 

CB 2.0 is a more forgiving, but the rule of not using too much product is key to getting a nice finish and only doing one panel at a time and rechecking the previous panel when you do the next, is a practice I follow regardless of the product.

10 minutes ago, RayS said:

For vehicles left outside in the sun, heat and humidity 2-4 months for inside vehicles 3-6 months.   Did it leave the spots all over or in just a few places?  With 1.0 I had spots in a few places and it generally was my own fault, either I used too much product or went over too big of an area and didn't get it buffed out in a timely manner.   If you wet the car, then use a dampened microfiber towel, spray some Ceramic Boost on the damp towel, rub it well and make sure you can see the CB on the vehicle, then immediately go over it with a dry towel and then use a second dry towel on the spot again and the spots should be gone. 

CB 2.0 is a more forgiving, but the rule of not using too much product is key to getting a nice finish and only doing one panel at a time and rechecking the previous panel when you do the next, is a practice I follow regardless of the product.

It’s 1.0 and I think I used too much. I think I did 4-5 sprays bet panel maybe. I hope strip wash will remove it so I can start over 

You might try the glaze. Sometimes that can level it out. I've actually started just applying it to a microfiber them spreading it on the paint followed quickly by a dry microfiber to buff it off.