Customer Service 866.965.0400

How should I protect my ceramic coating and adding max deep shine?

Eqwoot

Question

My car has the Gtechniq serum Ultra coating when it was brand new.  Is the ceramic series from Adams can be apply and enhance the coating?

1) Ceramic Wash

2) Ceramic Waterless wash

3) Ceramic Liquid Wax

4) Ceramic Boost

In the top 4 products, in which order I should layer them?  Should it be Ceramic Wash then waterless wash as drying agent then apply the liquid wax and ceramic boost at the end?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Thanks @8675309'SS  We are actually an accredited GTechniq detailer, so we are very familiar with your coating. It’s a fantastic product. It’s actually the coating I have installed on our personal vehicles. 

You can use the products you listed on your coating, but I question the need in doing so. I would use the ceramic wash and the ceramic waterless as my two products if I had to pick. They are utilized in cleaning the surface which is critical to any ceramic coating. 

Your coating is applied in three layers. One base layer, and two top layers. This allows that top coat to be pulled off if it’s damaged/worn/etc and then reapplied. Ceramic coatings still require decontamination yearly (or more or less depending on usage and environment). 

One of the big benefits to ceramics is the need for less maintenance. In using a host of products and layering, you’re diminishing the benefit of the coating you paid good money to have installed. 

Should you have further questions, don’t be afraid to ask. GTechniq does offer some maintenance products but I won’t discuss them in the open forum out of respect for Adam’s who hosts this site for us all to share information on. 

2 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Thanks @8675309'SS  We are actually an accredited GTechniq detailer, so we are very familiar with your coating. It’s a fantastic product. It’s actually the coating I have installed on our personal vehicles. 

You can use the products you listed on your coating, but I question the need in doing so. I would use the ceramic wash and the ceramic waterless as my two products if I had to pick. They are utilized in cleaning the surface which is critical to any ceramic coating. 

Your coating is applied in three layers. One base layer, and two top layers. This allows that top coat to be pulled off if it’s damaged/worn/etc and then reapplied. Ceramic coatings still require decontamination yearly (or more or less depending on usage and environment). 

One of the big benefits to ceramics is the need for less maintenance. In using a host of products and layering, you’re diminishing the benefit of the coating you paid good money to have installed. 

Should you have further questions, don’t be afraid to ask. GTechniq does offer some maintenance products but I won’t discuss them in the open forum out of respect for Adam’s who hosts this site for us all to share information on. 

46 minutes ago, camaro2ssblack said:

As Shane said, why?  You paid good money for a coating that is supposed to protect your clear coat and reduce the maintenance required to do so.  Leave it alone!  Wash and decontaminate as needed and enjoy.

Thanks for the reply.  I know that it is not really necessary to apply ceramic boost/wax, however I found that with only the Gtechniq coating and QD, I can’t have the deep wet shine compare to a waxed car.  So I wonder if adding the ceramic wax and the BG or H2O GG could give me a good looking weekend.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, Eqwoot said:

Thanks for the reply.  I know that it is not really necessary to apply ceramic boost/wax, however I found that with only the Gtechniq coating and QD, I can’t have the deep wet shine compare to a waxed car.  So I wonder if adding the ceramic wax and the BG or H2O GG could give me a good looking weekend.

Thanks again

Try C2v3 which as your detailer/top agent. It plays very well with their coatings and should give you what you’re looking for. 

33 minutes ago, Eqwoot said:

Thanks all, last question can I use the strip wash shampoo to clean out the sealant I put on the car but not harming the gtechniq coating?

thanks in advance

Yes. Strip Wash shouldn't harm the coating at all.

Now, whatcha keeping shiny? We like pics!