Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dust on vehicle within a day

RockTrout

Question

Yeah, I live in a windy, dusty state.   I also drive a darker green SUV.   

Still pretty new to the Adams scene and trying to figure out what combination works best to help prevent dust build up on the first day?   The surface doesn't feel tacky at all, but I'm wondering if detail spray or some other product is helping to contribute to the dust build up.    

5 answers to this question

Not much you can do.  It's static electricity that makes the dust stick to the car.

I use a grounding strap on my car in the garage and it helps a bit but it still gets dusty when it's out.

Agreed with @Beemer, not much you can do. Nature of a dark colored car showing it so much. But to remove, Waterless Wash, or Rinseless Wash diluted 16:1, and a Waterless Wash towel are great things to have in your car to give her a quick wipe down. Detail Spray is another option. 

Not much you can do unless you keep it in a bubble, I wash my car and within 2 days of driving around town, it is covered again, between construction, pollen, and just normal traffic it is just inevitable. I rinse my car with waterless wash every couple of days and wash with a foam cannon once a week at least until pollen season is over.