Customer Service 866.965.0400

Definitive step-by-step detailing process...is there such a thing?

twindad2k1

Question

My apologies if this has been asked prior (probably dozens of times), but a forum search and cursory browse didn't yield an obvious answer . . . 

Is there a definitive step-by-step complete car washing/detailing "Bible according to Adams" published anywhere?  

Looking for something that tells me the proper order of operations (so to speak) from washing to detailing to tires and trim to interior, etc.  Does such a thing exist?

(I've of course found similar info out on Google from other companies, but am curious to know Adams approach)

7 answers to this question

There are far too many people with opinions and experience to have one definitive step-by-step I feel like. The more research you do, the more you question it and have to decide your own steps. Also, each vehicle is different so that comes into play as well.

50 minutes ago, Humanoid Typhoon said:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/adams-polishes-detailing-guide.45736/#post-940136

This is a old but great detail guide from the shine Doc ( I think maybe it's someone else ) on a different forum.

Forum moderator if this not allow please delete.

WHOA...that IS detailed...and absolutely perfect.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Humanoid Typhoon said:

This is a old but great detail guide from the shine Doc ( I think maybe it's someone else )

He used to work for Adam's, and has done a lot of great videos along the way. Good find!

There are "recommended" ways and then there are "your own" ways.  Time, budget, and how you want your ride to look all play into it.  Best thing to do is read and watch everything you can, figure out which products you think will work best for you and go from there. Over time you'll figure out which ways work best for you.