Customer Service 866.965.0400

2011 king ranch seat cleaning

Asbobcat83

Question

10 answers to this question

If you have leather or vinyl seats, yes.  If your seats are visibly dirty, use the Leather Cleaner first, then follow up with Leather Conditioner to keep them from drying out. If they're not real dirty, just use the Conditioner because it has some cleaning properties in it too, just not as much as the cleaner.  But definitely don't use the cleaner unless you can condition them afterwards.  If you have cloth seats, use the Adam's Upholstery Cleaner and a good brush.  

@Asbobcat83, I know a bit about this leather, although I will claim to be an expert by any means.  There are a couple of products for cleaning, conditioning and if needed recoloring.  The first thing to do is determine what the condition is and what needs to be done.  @Rich is correct that you should not use a harsh cleaner unless it truly needs to be deep cleaned and @falcaineer is correct that this is not your typical leather.  I'm a bit of a leather buff and have many different jackets that are made of specialty leather.

If you want to keep the dash of your truck looking great, I highly recommend the Adam's Leather Condition and it works like a charm on many other items, including vinyl seats and door panels, golf cart seats, leather house chairs and both regular leather and leatherette seats in most vehicles. 

Given that this is the Adam's Forum and the intent is to discuss Adam's products, all I can do is recommend a google search for "Ford King Ranch Aniline Leather conditioner and cleaner".  You'll get several options to choose from and a couple of forum posts about Ford trucks.  There is also a place that will come up in Washington State that has a Leather Cream and Bees Wax waterproofing- it is what I used on my nearly 40 year old Australian sheepskin leather jacket and saddle bags.

From the Wiki:  Aniline leather is a high/quality product. Aniline actually refers to the dyes that are used in making the final product, once the hide is tanned. It is a special treatment process used on the fine Napa hides.

No matter what you use, make sure you do a test spot where it won't be visible and let it cure overnight since it can take upwards of 24 hours to have the final result show.

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Gonna disagree with @Rich...I don't think so, unfortunately. That leather is pretty particular and requires some special care. Don't really know where to point you, sorry. Maybe someone else with that truck/leather will give some inputs.

It's not that old of a truck!!  And he doesn't say if he has leather or cloth.  If his seats were 20 years old, I'd agree, but they're not.  Don't think that the manufacturers have changed that much in 8 years.  Of course, it's a Ford, so it probably does need babied a bit more.  You know.......so it doesn't fall apart as fast. :lolsmack:

JUST KIDDING!!

On 4/14/2019 at 6:46 PM, Rich said:

It's not that old of a truck!!  And he doesn't say if he has leather or cloth.  If his seats were 20 years old, I'd agree, but they're not.  Don't think that the manufacturers have changed that much in 8 years.  Of course, it's a Ford, so it probably does need babied a bit more.  You know.......so it doesn't fall apart as fast. :lolsmack:

JUST KIDDING!!

Valid points Rich. I assumed all King Ranch versions were leather, and I had heard along the way very particular leather, at that (no plastic coating like many of today's vehicles). This meaning the LIC could be too strong, and the LC may not be best option, either But I've been wrong before! 

@Asbobcat83, can you confirm your interior type?

I would have NO problems using the Adam's Leather Conditioner on any leathers. I use it on my leather furniture (yes it's leather), leather coats, my wife's purses, in addition to both of my car's interiors.   After reading up on this Chaparral leather, and how susceptible it is to sun fading,   I still think that Adam's would be a good choice because it has a high SPF factor for protection.   Best advice is to try it on a non visible spot first to check for fading or discoloration.  It may darken your leather if the leather is really dry.  And you may find streaking for the same reason. But the streaking would be a result of different areas being dryer than others, and absorbing the product quicker. Just keep reapplying until you get a uniform look.  

2 hours ago, Asbobcat83 said:

Well that’s nice. I looked before I posted this did not see it. Could you point me in the the  Direction of were it was covered?

I think he meant that he edited his post because the response was already covered in this thread.

Check out these two threads for aniline leather: