Customer Service 866.965.0400

Daughters Ride

RayS

The same daughter that has the Mustang decided to be the one to go rouge and get a non-Red vehicle.  Maybe she's aged and been married long enough that she thinks she can chart her own course, whatever the case, she bought a Blue car for her daily driver.  Being the good father that I am, I won't disown her for it and I even took the time to make it look as good as possible.  The one thing I will say, is that I am very disappointed in the quality of the paint on the car.  It is a car that if it goes without protection, there won't be anything left in a few years. 

I had her bring it over last night and put it in the garage so I could get started early this morning.  My overall goal was to give the car some depth, clarity along with some reflective properties and I think I accomplished the objectives.  Once the car was cleaned I went over it using the baggie test and didn't even need to break out the Clay Mitt, so I started in polishing.  I did a test spot with Revive and it just didn't give me what I was looking for, so I did a test spot with One Step Polish and the results were very good, so that's that route I went.  This was my first time using the Adam's One Step Polish and I'm pleased with how easy it was to use and the end results and it was the least aggressive method I could think of, especially since it didn't need to be Clayed. 

Once I had the car polished, I started with the Ceramic Paste Wax.  The car is very small and the humidity was high, so I was able to do two panels at a time, treating the hood and roof as two panels.  I do a very thin coat of the Ceramic Paste Wax and use a 1/2 turn of the applicator per panel and if the applicator starts to feel dry, then I know I'm trying to do too big of an area. The first picture is after the wash and before I started polishing, the second picture is after the polish and application of the Ceramic Paste Wax.   For reference the Malibu is sitting 48 feet away from the Fiesta, so I believe I met the goal of getting some depth and reflective properties into the Fiesta. 

If nothing else, I at last got a Red car into the picture...

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

Yeah, these daughters can be a real pain.  I've been CHEVY all my life, and what does she do?  Goes and marries a Ford guy.  After I paid for college and everything!!! No loyalty. But what can we do. They're always daddy's little girls.  

Nice job dad.  Just don't give her her allowance for a month. :lolsmack:

• 3 months later...