Customer Service 866.965.0400

Garage Queen

guitaronemike

Question

after I get all the winter garage dust off,Rinsless wash,clay,polish,etc....my car sits in garage but I DO drive it to work in the heat a couple times a week and it sits out in the lot. Would PS,HGG  or americana be best or any combo you would advise to use,,,

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, guitaronemike said:

ok if I don't have the ceramics.what's the 2nd best😁

For longer durability...6+ months, and quite a bit more especially when driven occasionally, PS and HGG is an awesome combo and will give you a lot of gloss on that silver. If you want sheer pop and a month or two of longevity in average conditions, Americana would be great, treated with DS whenever needed for extra shine and added protection. I also strongly recommend BG for either option when you really want to show off.

But @Chris@Adams is right... especially the Ceramic Waterless. Wow!

3 minutes ago, guitaronemike said:

BG first? or on top of Wax or HGG?

I'll be the first to answer this:  Yes to either or both.   

The general rule of thumb is the most durable product first, but in the case of BG it helps hide minor imperfections and in my experience it has not changed the durability of the products I have put it under.   When BG is on top, it will really make the vehicle pop, but it only lasts a couple of days.  Generally, when I'm putting BG on top, it is for the weekend or a show.   

Don't forget to do the inside of your windshield and house mirrors, it does an amazing job on both.

40 minutes ago, guitaronemike said:

BG first? or on top of Wax or HGG?

33 minutes ago, RayS said:

I'll be the first to answer this:  Yes to either or both.   

The general rule of thumb is the most durable product first, but in the case of BG it helps hide minor imperfections and in my experience it has not changed the durability of the products I have put it under.   When BG is on top, it will really make the vehicle pop, but it only lasts a couple of days.  Generally, when I'm putting BG on top, it is for the weekend or a show.   

Don't forget to do the inside of your windshield and house mirrors, it does an amazing job on both.

I'm on the other side of the fence for use with PS...BG last. For use with wax either is fine. But I'm on the same side with BG on inside of the windshield.

Here's more on layering.