Customer Service 866.965.0400

Last C6 Corvette was Metallic Sunset Orange which I really got to "POP" with revive and Buttery Wax. This C7 Corvette is Metallic Shark Gray with very few miles. I have washed 3 times and surface feels extremely smooth. After washing  today decided to wax.  Used Buttery wax on roof only. Result was that the shine IMO may have been a little less when finished (doubt most people would notice). However, it definitely did not increase the shine. Read a few articles on internet. A few recommended polish before wax which is what I did on previous car most, but not all the time. What is your recommendation for Metallic Paint?

My neighbor used a ceramic coating on his car. However, he botched it on one area. More recently he applied to another car which was a success.  At the moment my preference is to find what works hands on rather than a coating applied once that you merely hose off when dirty. 

I also have a Kia Soul, shiney silver which is metallic. I used Buttery wax followed by Brilliant Glaze a week later which seemed to work well. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you

Welcome back, Bill! Bottom line, "real" shine comes from proper prep and polishing. That's true for metallic and non-metallic paint. Waxes, sealants, etc are for enhancement and protection. The surface may feel smooth, but the baggie test will reveal any contamination that should be clayed. Polishing is something I do once, maybe twice a year.

For your silver car, PS and HGG are an incredible combo that I'd highly recommend you try. Lighter colors like silver and white don't respond as well to waxes. Here's an article with more info.

As for coatings, they aren't maintenance free. In fact, Adam's just released a whole new line of ceramic-centric products. And good timing on your comments. @Mantis just started a thread echoing similar thoughts...check this one out for my thoughts and those of others that feel/felt the same as you.

I knew I should go back to tried and true basics. Just needed  to be reminded. Will order the new Visco clay with geo tool as this sounds easier than what use to use. Will experiment on the silver car first, then do the Vette. Any suggestions for applications after clay?....have revive, buttery wax and brilliant glaze. I do hand polishing only.

Thank you