Customer Service 866.965.0400
galaxy

Ceramic Spray Application Technique??

Question

What’s yours?  What are you guys doing or doing different that works for ya?  I ask because I did this...

ive used mine one to do the wheels while off the car. Absolutely love the product.  With the spoke and small areas of a wheel, I decided to use a normal ceramic coating applicator.  I spritzed a small pump of coating directly onto the wheel and then used the old regular coating applicator pad to spread it around really even. Everything after that was normal normal. 

I enjoyed it so much, I was actually thinking about using this technique on the whole car. I’m sure I waste product this way, but with how long a bottle is going to last me anyways, considering how far the product already goes, I’m not too conserned with a little waste at the cost of good complete coverage. 

Anyways...thoughts? 

14 answers to this question

Yea dude, this **** rocks. I love this stuff. Easy to use, and can’t believe the “pop” of this product. 

I've seen the grey microfiber pads used instead of towels. Haven't used the spray yet, but it might be my spring detail protection product. 

Since this got no traffic, I went ahead and did the car in this technique.  I enjoyed it. Like I said, I probably wasted some product getting it on that thick, but the other side of the coin is it made it super easy to visualize full coverage. And as easy as this stuff is to work with, a little heavy did not add anything to making difficult to remove. Would recommend. I’d be willing to bet I didn’t waste any more than I would have spraying enough into a towel to ensure a good even spread. 

That’s similar to how I treated it. I coated my whole vehicle. Except I didn’t have the applicator block, so I took a towel and folded it a bunch until it was basically in the form of a cc applicator. Then I sprayed into the towel in lines as if it were a typical cc and I’d give the surface a small spray as well.

Ill probably change my technique in the future. I found that spraying it on the surface caused over spray onto the glass. Which I know it’s safe for the glass, and it wasn’t really a huge deal - just took going over it with a towel. But in the future I think I could control that better with just spraying into the towel.

So, my vehicle has 3 ceramic coated windows. Top half of the windshield and bottom half of the back windshield also ceramic coated. It’s not visible or anything.  But since I did it, I am aware of it and know that my windows were inconsistently treated. Lol

At today's HQ demo, the Shine Stop team demoed the Ceramic Spray Coating with the grey microfiber pads. It's their recommended applicator tool. I used them, as well, and they worked great. Several sprays (8 or so) into the pad, then apply as normal. Used a microfiber towel to remove and voila, shine!

Yes, I saw them doing that in one of the videos. Glad to hear positive things from that! I will definitely be trying that in the future.

Just out of curiousity, would you be able to estimate how much product they use per vehicle?

This is what I used to do eight wheels and one medium sized sports car (late model

Mustang). I was not conservator either...I was getting it on pretty heavy.  

F57A189A-B511-4DFA-92A3-1D54655BD771.jpeg

Okay, I used probably around the same amount. But I did 2 SUV's: One small SUV and one mid-large SUV, on only the painted and trim surfaces on the body. No wheels and trying to avoid glass. 

This is some of my favorite stuff. 

5 hours ago, MissTamekasOwner said:

Okay, I used probably around the same amount. But I did 2 SUV's: One small SUV and one mid-large SUV, on only the painted and trim surfaces on the body. No wheels and trying to avoid glass. 

This is some of my favorite stuff. 

You don't need to avoid the glass. It works on that, too!

12 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

You don't need to avoid the glass. It works on that, too!

You're right. I was being stingy with my product. I had already sealed my glass, and wanted to save some extra CSC😔 haha

Recently dove into the ceramic pool with a bottle of the spray ceramic coating.  

Was pleasantly surprised and impressed with how easy on/off it went.   Then after it cured the wash and rinse was literally effortless.  My foam cannon soap barely stayed on the truck!

Yesterday did my wife's Audi.  Really starting to enjoy this product, hope it gives me 6+ months of protection like my standard 2 coat application of machine super sealant.

810975580_IMG_36322.thumb.JPG.1518d36ca699432b23bea3ee92dfaf3a.JPGIMG_9638.thumb.JPG.4082f29f5f5a82f953d1908dddb9a750.JPG