Customer Service 866.965.0400

Double Soft Different?

Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Question

So I ordered a spray wax combo kit with with the two double soft towels. and I noticed that my towels are different from each other. One of the double soft towels has a long luscious nap, while the other has a visibly and tangibly shorter nap - basically like if you took the first towel with the long nap and gave it a hair cut.

Any ideas why this might be? They both feel very soft and high quality still, but it seems like these two towels should be consistent.

I haven't used them yet, so I can't speak to a difference in performance. 

But I just wanted to hear thoughts to see if there was a mistake made somewhere.

You can see the difference in the pictures.

DoubleSoft1.jpg

DoubleSoft2.jpg

13 answers to this question

Single vs double should be clearly distinguishable from each other, even through the bag, just by feeling the bulk/mass of the towel.  They’re not even close.  So that should be a dead give away to start with.  They’re both double, just some tolerance in manufacturing would be my guess.  Would also guess there are zero issues with the towels.  Open them, give them a try, and sleep well at night young detailer. 

Edited by galaxy

I would agree, feel is subjective, but...

heres a single beside a well used double (meaning the double is probably even lost some of its loftiness). I have no idea how you would be hard pressed to identify the difference between these two towels, even in the package.  Not trying to be a jerk, but that’s a huge difference to me. Shucks, I could fold and separate every towel in my inventory blind folded, LOL 😂 

1916EC5A-53D2-4634-99C9-73A47E2E1167.jpeg

14 hours ago, galaxy said:

I would agree, feel is subjective, but...

heres a single beside a well used double (meaning the double is probably even lost some of its loftiness). I have no idea how you would be hard pressed to identify the difference between these two towels, even in the package.  Not trying to be a jerk, but that’s a huge difference to me. Shucks, I could fold and separate every towel in my inventory blind folded, LOL 😂 

1916EC5A-53D2-4634-99C9-73A47E2E1167.jpeg

That's a noticeable difference. Easy way to tell if single or double..does the left one pull apart into two towels in the middle? And what color is the border?

Edited by falcaineer

21 hours ago, galaxy said:

Single vs double should be clearly distinguishable from each other, even through the bag, just by feeling the bulk/mass of the towel.  They’re not even close.  So that should be a dead give away to start with.  They’re both double, just some tolerance in manufacturing would be my guess.  Would also guess there are zero issues with the towels.  Open them, give them a try, and sleep well at night young detailer. 

That's what I thought, maybe just some tolerance in their manufacturing.

8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

That's a noticeable difference. Easy way to tell if single or double..does the left one pull apart into two towels in the middle? And what color is the border?

Yes, it's got the typical double soft grey border. and yes it does pull apart at the middle. It's got the seams going down the middle like normal and everything. Like Jon said above, there's a noticeable difference in mass between my single softs and the towel in question. It's just the length of the fibers that seem to be different. I also did notice that the towels in the image for the Spray Wax and Towel combo look more consistent with the towel on the right (in the first pictures I posted).

Image result for spray wax towel adams

Really not a huge deal, I just noticed an inconsistency and wanted to know if if that was normal. I'm still excited to use these towels!

Thanks for everybody's input. I'll update if anything sticks out.

Howdy.  I live in the Denver area luckily so I was able to swing by the warehouse when I encountered the same issue with an order.  Had 4 of the plusher towels and 3 of the less plush ones.

At the HQ store I noticed that they had a mixture of the plusher towels and less plush all in Double Soft bags.  The story I heard was the plusher ones are so-called Triple Soft towels which have been discontinued and must be getting "packaged off" as Double Softs.  They allowed me to swap out the less plush ones I had for the remaining plusher ones on the rack.  I have no idea how many of the plusher (the silver border is actually somewhat lighter in tone on the plusher ones as well) towels remain, but at least for me that was the story.