Customer Service 866.965.0400

'89 Camaro

Miles

My grandfather recently let me borrow his Camaro to use for the trip to and from prom. It hadn't really been driven in a few months and as a result it had accumulated a layer of dust and grime that needed to be removed before my OCD would allow me to take it out in public. I began by attempting to remove as much of the tire browning that I could by spraying an ungodly amount of TRC on them and then scrubbing the faces with the tire brush and the white lettering with a nylon brush, which left them presentable but not perfect. I followed by washing the car and subsequently claying some areas that had noticeable contamination. I brought the Camaro inside and prepped and went around most of the car doing a one step polish with a DA and topped with LPS and Americana Wax. Next it was time for the interior which was vacuumed and cleaned with the interior scrubbing mitt and a leather and interior cleaner followed with leather conditioner. (I apologize in advance for the lack of photo documentation)

GDvLkFIxSECtmJBkrCrJHg.thumb.jpg.4b22e91fb20c22e0ae9923c992eb09e4.jpg

mD9wHpIYSWawA5l3PSxFhw.thumb.jpg.2a601c78b31350dda7ea847e79396f26.jpg328085290_kkfbSYiQbyN3Pw5KS13w.thumb.jpg.198b18bac9875e36e6789bc97035f0d9.jpg

1274620952_jqpJIvLWRZC4pL6g5UZtw.thumb.jpg.f3e7b1fd2e26ca324d8d58fa59cd63e9.jpg

fullsizeoutput_55d.thumb.jpeg.cfd992d1f081ef3df3f554826d873887.jpeg

BoWWZ9PSRQekzPi0pdPj7g.thumb.jpg.592cc7f64da132f79a32263617d75f19.jpg

(Somewhat) 50/50 shot of cleaned(left) and uncleaned

Edited by Miles

18 hours ago, shooterjgs said:

So did your grandfather see it... Looks really nice... He should have a big smile on his face after seeing how good a job you did... Kudos to you...

He was very impressed thank you

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Nice work, Miles! But the real question is...did your date like it? 

Thanks man! Honestly I don't think she would have cared had we driven the Camaro or my truck (see previous picture I posted). I'm sure she definitely enjoyed flying around the backroads at 12am though lol, I know I did

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Bigger question is, did anyone throw up in it?  Just remembering prom night. :lolsmack:

Your grandfather has good taste in rides!  And welcome to the forum! :welcomebanner:

No one threw up in it thank God, I would've had to teach them a little lesson haha. He sure does I wish he still had his '69 Chevelle that thing was beautiful

21 hours ago, Miles said:

No one threw up in it thank God, I would've had to teach them a little lesson haha. He sure does I wish he still had his '69 Chevelle that thing was beautiful

No kidding?  When I got out of the Navy in 69, I went straight to the dealership and ordered a blue 69 Chevelle SS 396 with a white stripe down the side.  Wish I still had mine too.  And Chris (moderator on here) just restored a 69 Chevelle.  Beautiful car.  

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

No kidding?  When I got out of the Navy in 69, I went straight to the dealership and ordered a blue 69 Chevelle SS 396 with a white stripe down the side.  Wish I still had mine too.  And Chris (moderator on here) just restored a 69 Chevelle.  Beautiful car.  

His was black with white stripes down the hood. And thank you for your service