Customer Service 866.965.0400

Body shop safe/fresh paint safe products

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys. Just had some work done on my classic show truck. had a new hood put on and painted and had some dents fixed. 

As we know car show season is quickly approaching/already here at some places.  That being said im fully aware that newly painted surfaces cannot be waxed/sealed/coated for X amount of days. So what im looking for is a full list - right down to soaps etc of products i can safely use on my paint for shows etc that wont effect the outgassing of the paint until its fully cured. 

Thanks. 

4 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Zach5.9CTD said:

Hey guys. Just had some work done on my classic show truck. had a new hood put on and painted and had some dents fixed. 

As we know car show season is quickly approaching/already here at some places.  That being said im fully aware that newly painted surfaces cannot be waxed/sealed/coated for X amount of days. So what im looking for is a full list - right down to soaps etc of products i can safely use on my paint for shows etc that wont effect the outgassing of the paint until its fully cured. 

Thanks. 

If the paint was baked after being painted, outgassing isn't much of a big deal.  Maybe 1 week then your back to it. 

Did a buddy do your paint or did you have it professionally done?  If it's the latter, they should know what paints they used and how to care for it afterward. Ask there first.  They may have some requirements that if you don't follow their instructions and end up with damage, you could void any warranty for their work.

Otherwise, like most new paint, give it 30 days minimum before waxing, 60 - 90 days is ideal. Waxing could damage the curing process if done too soon. 

As for washing, wait for two weeks, and then just Adam's car shampoo.  No Dawn or APC.   And you might want to use just a bit less in your wash bucket the first couple of washes.  Dry it with a SOFT towel or blow it dry.  Don't use any products on the new paint until after the two months.  

Yeah. I know how to care for it and know to wait 30 days. It was professionally done but wasnt baked. 

All im wanting to know is which products adams offers that i can use before that 30 day period is up that will still allow the paint to do its thing.