Customer Service 866.965.0400

Firehose nozzle ??

rrmccabe

Question

How is everyone that has a fire hose nozzle liking it?  Mine came today and although it looks like a million bucks and functions I am disappointed in it.  I was hoping for a super strong jet but its really lacking.  Out of a  1/2 dozen nozzles it is the worse at a strong stream including the Adams nozzle that came with my foam gun.

Not even sure its worth keeping at $25.00  Pretty expensive for something that does not have the convenience of trigger type nozzle.

And I have good water volume here and ridiculous pressure.

3 answers to this question

I know a lot of it depends on your water pressure, but I found it lacked any pressure too. But like everything, I guess we have to do trial and error to find what we like.   I have the spray nozzle on my Adam's hose now.  Works pretty good. 

In all fairness I don't think the product description says anything about a powerful stream. It does handle large volumes of water as mentioned.  I was expecting the stream from some Youtube videos I watched but looks like the nozzle in videos is different that the one they just shipped me.  My water pressure here was about 120 psi which is dangerous to hardware. I have it throttled back to about 90 psi which should be more than adequate.

I might just need to put quick disconnects on garage hose so I can swap stuff out easy.

I have quick connects and quick shutoff on all on hoses and sprayers.  It does make it easy to go from the Foam Gun to the soaker or pressure nozzle and even the pressure washer.  When I purchased two hose reels from Eley last year they were running a special and got a quick connect for the hose and four for the accessories with each hose reel.  The quick shutoff was purchased separately, but very glad we did so, it make the vehicle care and lawn care much easier.