Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats the "Best" Windshield Keeping Clean Practices

JoeySr

Question

What's the difference between Aerosol Glass Cleaner and the bottled green glass cleaner?

Is either good to go to clay bar a windshield & is one product better than the  other & why......

I've got a 2017 F150 that sites outside 24/7 & runs from 100 degree summers to -35 winters & looking for the best products to clean the inside and outside with & then seal the windshield as it's subject to some nasty summer rain storms and ugly winter sleet/snow storms and ice buildup.

5 answers to this question

Both of our Glass Cleaner do a great job, I think it comes down to a personal choice if you want liquid or aerosol/Foam.

My new favorite glass protection is our New Ceramic Spray Coating, great easy to use product.

My favorite inside glass product is our BG.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/ceramics/ceramic-spray-coating.html

2 hours ago, JoeySr said:

What's the difference between Aerosol Glass Cleaner and the bottled green glass cleaner?

Is either good to go to clay bar a windshield & is one product better than the  other & why......

I've got a 2017 F150 that sites outside 24/7 & runs from 100 degree summers to -35 winters & looking for the best products to clean the inside and outside with & then seal the windshield as it's subject to some nasty summer rain storms and ugly winter sleet/snow storms and ice buildup.

I'm in South Carolina and have vehicles that sit outside 24/7 and deal with a lot of heat and cool temps, although we don't get to the negative numbers.

For the inside of the windshield, nothing beats Brilliant Glaze, here is a video on doing the inside: 

This method helps keep the inside of fogging up and truly does leave the windshield much clearer overall.

For the outside, if the windshield is heavily soiled, then I use the green glass cleaner which is equal to the aerosol in my opinion in quality, but has a lower price point.  Once the windshield is clean the first time, then I use the Glass Sealant followed by monthly touch ups with Glass Boost and then about every 3 months I go over it again with Glass Sealant .   If you use the cleaners as the gas stations you'll probably have to use the boost a bit more often.

For the outside the mirrors, you can just use Glass Boost and the morning dew tends to come off the much quicker.  The rest of the windows just get washed with the regular Glass Cleaner and of course the correct Glass Towel.

The F150 sits outside in northern Wyoming/Southern Montana and the occasional trip to Colorado for the most part......and one of our offspring is is in the  process of purchasing it & want to get her started with the right products.

What about cloths, what towels work best for cleaning the windshield inside and out & then wiping BG off???

13 hours ago, JoeySr said:

What about cloths, what towels work best for cleaning the windshield inside and out & then wiping BG off???

Normally, use the glass towels that Ray posted to wipe off the glass sealant, glass cleaner, and the BG. There have been a few times where my glass towels were too wet or dirty, and I used https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/microfiber-towels/adam-s-edgless-utility-towel.html to wipe off the BG from the inside of the windshield. That worked just fine.