Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Paste Wax over Paint Sealant

CleanFreak13

Question

I accidentally posted this in the new member check-in area.

Was just wondering if applying the Ceramic Paste Wax over the Paint Sealant would work like a normal wax?

Didn't know if the Ceramic Paste Wax should bond to the naked paint surface or not.

I have had great success with all of the products, and just want to make sure I am not being redundant with the application.

Thank you

5 answers to this question

I think it would work like a normal wax...my understanding is it's a good quality wax with a 30% silica content.  It can be removed with a strip wash, so I would bet it would bond to the PS just like any other wax.

I asked Adam's this same question a while back, when it first came out. Most thought it would work fine, but I couldn't really get a consensus. They probably know more now, but in interest of time and my customer's wishes, I ended up just applying only the CPW and he was thrilled. I think the results speak for themselves...

IMG_20180916_153614.thumb.jpg.f947a43eaacaf7c3c602e80d0f8cb3e9.jpg

IMG_20180916_153558.thumb.jpg.b64c15f6983061d8add046e07efc1941.jpg

IMG_20180916_153900.thumb.jpg.33cd3ef4fe1e0d037657f5a78970f8cd.jpg

falcaineer -  car looks fantastic - nice job.

My question with the paste wax is should it be applied similar to liquid coatings where you apply a section in one direction and then go over the same section in the opposite direction.  It really didn't say one way or another in their instructions.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, TOBASCO said:

falcaineer -  car looks fantastic - nice job.

My question with the paste wax is should it be applied similar to liquid coatings where you apply a section in one direction and then go over the same section in the opposite direction.  It really didn't say one way or another in their instructions.  Thanks!

Just make sure to apply a thin, even layer... patterns or directions you apply it in don't really matter. Also work one panel at a time, too, as it can be a bit difficult to remove if left on for too long. A little goes a long way, but when the applicator starts to stick and is dry, one quick dip and twist into the container and you're good to go! Post some pics!

18 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Just make sure to apply a thin, even layer... patterns or directions you apply it in don't really matter. Also work one panel at a time, too, as it can be a bit difficult to remove if left on for too long. A little goes a long way, but when the applicator starts to stick and is dry, one quick dip and twist into the container and you're good to go! Post some pics!

^^Agree^^

I've found that a 1/2 turn of the applicator provides plenty of CPW without it getting too thick.  If the humidity is high, 75 or above, you will be able to do two panels or the complete hood since the drying time takes a bit longer.  

If you end up with the towel turning black, then you are using too much wax and make sure you avoid getting it on a convertible top, it is a real pain to get off.