Customer Service 866.965.0400

Protecting a Fence

RayS

A couple of months ago we had some storm damage and part of my fence was destroyed.  Given the overall age and the point that it was wood we decided to replace the entire fence with a vinyl one.  It came out great and with 27 panels and 2 gates, it is a lot of fence to protect and given that is was custom ordered, lets just say it wasn't cheap.  When thinking of the front and back that comes to 54 panels to deal with.  The vendor recommends using a good quality car wash and wax, so my initial thought was Adam's Wash & Wax using the Adam's Spray Gun.   I've used it a few times and it works very well, but then I got thinking about longevity and I'd really prefer to only do this once a year after pollen season, twice a year at most.

After reading and thinking, I am seriously considering going with the Wash & Coat since it should last longer than the regular Wash & Wax.   As for working the fence, I bought several of the Red Car Wash Wedges when they were on sale a while ago, so that should make for easier work.  If anyone has experimented with Wash & Coat on vinyl, I'd sure like to hear your thoughts.  If nobody has done it yet and nobody has a reason not to try it, I'll order a gallon and use one or two of extra pieces and test it there, then do the entire fence if it looks good.

The 3rd picture, to the left of the seam, is where the 8 person hot tub sat for 16 years and going in its place will be an outdoor kitchen. I need to spend some time with the pressure washer and then we'll get started on that project - consequently, these extra items is what has put the new garage and wash bay on hold for a bit, but no big deal on that.

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

I'm with Bscott94.  Looks great.  Your biggest issue yet to come is going to be mildew.  So yeah, protect it, but give it a good scrub every spring at least to remove any mildew/mold that is going to try and grow.  

• 2 years later...