Customer Service 866.965.0400

Little trick for applying TS to truck tires

falcaineer

Question

Learned a smart little trick yesterday at The Shine Stop. For knobby tires, truck tires, and maybe even normal ones (I'll try it eventually), use a clean/dry wheel brush to apply Tire Shine. Makes it super easy to quickly get into all the little cracks and crevasses, as well as spread it evenly. Try it out!

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Learned a smart little trick yesterday at The Shine Stop. For knobby tires, truck tires, and maybe even normal ones (I'll try it eventually), use a clean/dry wheel brush to apply Tire Shine. Makes it super easy to quickly get into all the little cracks and crevasses, as well as spread it evenly. Try it out!

I have always used a dedicated brush with Tire Shine and specifically this one:  https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/brushes/adam-s-short-wheel-brush.html

Once I've done all 4 tires I wash the brush out to prevent the soft bristles from sticking together.   In most cases, 3 sprays around the tire and then I go around it 3 times in one directions and then three in the opposite direction and it completely covers the tire.

I've tried towels and various other methods and just haven't found anything that was easier or got into everyplace as well as the soft wheel brush does.

1 hour ago, RayS said:

I have always used a dedicated brush with Tire Shine and specifically this one:  https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/brushes/adam-s-short-wheel-brush.html

Once I've done all 4 tires I wash the brush out to prevent the soft bristles from sticking together.   In most cases, 3 sprays around the tire and then I go around it 3 times in one directions and then three in the opposite direction and it completely covers the tire.

I've tried towels and various other methods and just haven't found anything that was easier or got into everyplace as well as the soft wheel brush does.

Looks like I may be late to the party but that's the same brush I meant. Thanks for the inputs/validation, Ray!

3 hours ago, zw470 said:

I used a paint brush to apply VRT to my KO2s when I had my F150.  Time consuming but it got in all the nooks and crannies.

SvJPfK8.jpg

That looks great! I think the key words were "time consuming." The Wheel Brush really wasn't, and it got in all the spaces, too. 

I got home from Montreal last night, it wasn't fun flying back with all the storms...  This morning I started on the truck, it's getting the full treatment and while I was doing the tire and wheels, I was thinking about this thread so I staged a picture of the products used.  I know it isn't the best picture, but I had to get it washed and moved into the garage before the storms hit today, we've had 1,158 lightning strikes in the last 48 hours within 25 miles of my house in addition to 4.62 inches of rain.

Back to the truck, I use two tire woolies on the truck since the small one is so much easier to get behind the spokes to clean the barrel.  The Ceramic Boost is only applied to the wheel and I spray it on a MF towel and then wipe the wheel.  Tire shine is applied by the soft red brush on the left and the wheel lug brush is very good.  I had one a few years ago that was my favorite until it wore out, the center bristles were cut short, so the long bristles would get the outside area and the shorter center bristles would get the cap area of the lug.  I've thought about giving the Adam's one a center haircut.

Following this regiment, I get about 6 weeks before I need to really clean them again.  The CB pretty much keeps the brake dust of collecting on the wheels and what little does collect rinses right off.  I know the wheels are safe to have Wheel Cleaner applied, but given that Eco works fine and smells so much better, I stick with Eco.  

IMG_0376.JPG