Customer Service 866.965.0400

There is nothing better....

Beemer

Question

35 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

Agreed!  I have done this many days when the weather did not cooperate.  My best indoor wash was inside an airplane hangar before a DuPont Registry event where the client's car was the featured attraction.

That's awesome! DuPont Registry usually means awesome vehicles. How do you deal with the little bit of water from the rinseless in a situation like that? Lay a cloth down around the car to catch the little bit of water that drips off, or just mop it up after?

16 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

Heck I just wash it in the rain then pull it into the garage and dry it.

You are not the first to do that and when it is a nice soft rain in the south during the summer, it feels pretty good.

19 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

Heck I just wash it in the rain then pull it into the garage and dry it.

3 hours ago, RayS said:

You are not the first to do that and when it is a nice soft rain in the south during the summer, it feels pretty good.

No wonder our neighbors think we're a little "off"! 😆

Done it!  Funniest conversation I ever had with a neighbor...this lady was waking her dog and walked by while I was using the leaf blower (one just for the cars) to blow the water out of the trim/cracks. She looked at me and said “well that’s neat, I’ve never seen one of those used for that before”. Without missing a beat, I looked at her confused, looked at the leaf blower, looked back at her, and with a very  puzzled look on my face I said “what else would you use it for????”   

Edited by galaxy

29 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Done it!  Funniest conversation I ever had with a neighbor...this lady was waking her dog and walked by while I was using the leaf blower (one just for the cars) to blow the water out of the trim/cracks. She looked at me and said “well that’s neat, I’ve never seen one of those used for that before”. Without missing a beat, I looked at her confused, looked at the leaf blower, looked back at her, and with a very  puzzled look on my face I said “what else would you use it for????”   

Post of the month right there! And yes, I know it's the 1st of June 😂.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:48 AM, nateeric said:

That's awesome! DuPont Registry usually means awesome vehicles. How do you deal with the little bit of water from the rinseless in a situation like that? Lay a cloth down around the car to catch the little bit of water that drips off, or just mop it up after?

It was warm enough that it dried up very quickly.   And yes, it is a 1912 Race car that I have posted a few shots of on here.  One day the owner will let me do a full write up on it!

When I wash out car in the garage it only leaves the amount of water that you get if you pulled the car from from a drive in the rain. 

I've always been a little leery of using a waterless wash (I have several bottles of it too!) on a car that is even dusty.  I'm afraid of light scratching.  Please help me get over my anxiety with some good rationale as to why it won't scratch.  🙃

And if so, could it be used without any problems on a ceramic coated car?

3 hours ago, TOBASCO said:

I've always been a little leery of using a waterless wash (I have several bottles of it too!) on a car that is even dusty.  I'm afraid of light scratching.  Please help me get over my anxiety with some good rationale as to why it won't scratch.  🙃

And if so, could it be used without any problems on a ceramic coated car?

Just use the right towels and for light dust, fingerprints, and the like only and you'll be fine. The Wash adds the lubricity, and the Waterless Wash towels are built to encapsulate the dust, etc. Don't believe me? Then here's a message from @Adam himself!

You can use it on coated cars but instead, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Ceramic Waterless. It's what it was made for!

On 6/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, falcaineer said:

No wonder our neighbors think we're a little "off"! 😆

I just moved, and got a new car... I have been "working" on it for the last several weeks getting it stripped, clayed, polished, CSC, Ceramic Boost, of course i needed the mini swirl killer so had to repeat all of those processes on the small areas now... and then the new car looked so good i had to do the same to my work car... and when that was done i needed to touch up the new car again....and then............. My new Neighbors won't even look me in the eye at this point.  

I do admit i have a problem... I want to give all the cars a wipe down at the end of every day... but I am fighting that urge so far... I think I will start night detailing again:ph34r: 

On 6/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, falcaineer said:

the Ceramic Waterless. It's what it was made for!

@falcaineer I know this is an old post. The question I have is the towel used. I purchased the Combo Kit of 64oz Jug, 16oz bottle, funnel and four (4) PLUSH Waffle MF towels. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PNRVFNX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm assuming because they packaged this with the Plush Waffle MF towels, they get used in the same manner as the MF Waterless Wash Waffle towel. Is this correct? Or should I use the MF Waterless Wash Waffle towels?

Edited by SgtLip
Corrected the number of towels and a link to the site.

1 hour ago, Rb1274 said:

I just moved, and got a new car... I have been "working" on it for the last several weeks getting it stripped, clayed, polished, CSC, Ceramic Boost, of course i needed the mini swirl killer so had to repeat all of those processes on the small areas now... and then the new car looked so good i had to do the same to my work car... and when that was done i needed to touch up the new car again....and then............. My new Neighbors won't even look me in the eye at this point.  

I do admit i have a problem... I want to give all the cars a wipe down at the end of every day... but I am fighting that urge so far... I think I will start night detailing again:ph34r: 

I would love to  know what the neighbors say when they drive by....I was washing my car in a steady rain yesterday...then brought it into the garage for some paint..a few neighbors drive by scratching their heads.   

4 hours ago, SgtLip said:

@falcaineer I know this is an old post. The question I have is the towel used. I purchased the Combo Kit of 64oz Jug, 16oz bottle, funnel and four (4) PLUSH Waffle MF towels. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PNRVFNX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm assuming because they packaged this with the Plush Waffle MF towels, they get used in the same manner as the MF Waterless Wash Waffle towel. Is this correct? Or should I use the MF Waterless Wash Waffle towels?

Both are waffle towels, one is thicker.  Choose whichever one works best for you. 

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Both are waffle towels, one is thicker.  Choose whichever one works best for you. 

Thanks. I don't have the plain waffles yet. I'll stick to the plush waffles for now.

Edited by SgtLip

On 6/2/2019 at 3:35 AM, Rich said:

Never stops raining here.  

Interestingly, here in SE BAMA, we were down nearly 20”s of rain.  Finally been getting some but I see up there that LVIA was almost plus 40” for the year.  

We had lived in Northwest Hunterdon County for nearly 20 years.

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

I haven't used the plush waffle ones yet, so please let me know how they work for you.

I bought lots of the blue plush waffle towels on closeout several years ago, and mostly use them for clay bar work or wiping after Coating Prep.

15 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

I have been "working" on it for the last several weeks getting it stripped, clayed, polished, CSC, Ceramic Boost, of course i needed the mini swirl killer so had to repeat all of those processes on the small areas now... and then the new car looked so good i had to do the same to my work car... 

It sounds like you have a large polisher, so remember it can be tilted to only use the edge of the polishing pad to get into smaller spaces - a 'free' 1 inch polisher!  I have an SK mini and it is great, but not the only way to 'skin the cat'.

20 hours ago, tlbullet said:

I would love to  know what the neighbors say when they drive by....I was washing my car in a steady rain yesterday...then brought it into the garage for some paint..a few neighbors drive by scratching their heads.   

Are you suggesting that not everyone does this?  Is this an indication of an addiction?  Yes, the neighbors do tend to give me strange looks when I'm washing cars in the rain.

On the topic of the Plush Blue Waffle Weave, I really like them and that is what gets used on the wife's vehicle when I do a Waterless wash.   I easily go through two or three of the regular waterless wash towels when I use them and only go through 1 or 2 of the plush towels.  In addition, I find the plush one easier to hold onto when using them.   As for the actual cleaning of the vehicle, they both work the same in my opinion.

The 12 pack of both is a good deal when there is a sale going on and both are superior to the waffle towels that I had from a different company from years ago.

1 hour ago, RayS said:

Are you suggesting that not everyone does this?  Is this an indication of an addiction?  Yes, the neighbors do tend to give me strange looks when I'm washing cars in the rain.

On the topic of the Plush Blue Waffle Weave, I really like them and that is what gets used on the wife's vehicle when I do a Waterless wash.   I easily go through two or three of the regular waterless wash towels when I use them and only go through 1 or 2 of the plush towels.  In addition, I find the plush one easier to hold onto when using them.   As for the actual cleaning of the vehicle, they both work the same in my opinion.

The 12 pack of both is a good deal when there is a sale going on and both are superior to the waffle towels that I had from a different company from years ago.

@RayS I've only used them once. After putting Ceramic Boost on my windows they were streaked like crazy. @mc2hill said to use my Ceramic Waterless Wash on them and it should take care of the streaks. It did.

So while I have used one once, I haven't really used it on the car yet. I will be within the next few days though, gotta clean the car after the trip to Jacksonville to watch the Granddogs.

1 minute ago, SgtLip said:

@RayS I've only used them once. After putting Ceramic Boost on my windows they were streaked like crazy. @mc2hill said to use my Ceramic Waterless Wash on them and it should take care of the streaks. It did.

So while I have used one once, I haven't really used it on the car yet. I will be within the next few days though, gotta clean the car after the trip to Jacksonville to watch the Granddogs.

HI Donald, I'm not sure I'm following your statement.  Did you use a Waterless Wash waffle weave towel for putting on Ceramic Boost?   If you did, then I would imagine it would streak and not work out very well at all.  For Ceramic Boost, I use a Gray Borderless towel on the first pass and then go over it with a double soft as the second pass.

I have never used either of the blue waffle weave towels for anything other than waterless wash.