Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner vs. (Matte) Leather & Interior Dressing

falcaineer

Question

For those wondering about the differences in appearance, here's a side-by-side-by-side for comparison.

Left is the new matte Leather & Interior Dressing, middle is untreated/"normal" daily wear, and right is Leather Conditioner. Pretty stark differences, so it's up to you which you prefer!

IMG_20190328_105515.thumb.jpg.a3bda3d1892b3a914cf88a2bad4149e4.jpg

14 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Bandit3 said:

I was thinking "porous" didn't include ventilated seats so I asked on Amazon and got this response from Adams.

Non porous interior surfaces include leather, vinyl, dashboards, plastics, etc. This product can be used on ventilated leather seats because the material is non porous. Suede, alcantara, carpet & upholstery would be considered porous, or containing a fibrous surface, therefore not recommended. As a rule of thumb, it is best to not dress surface that has a nap to them. Thanks! 

Either of these can be used on ventilated seats, but you'll want to work them into the applicator pad before applying to get a nice, thin, even layer.

5 hours ago, Rich said:

I think I prefer the Leather Conditioner look.  That new paste is what I'll be using before I store the car for the winter this year for sure. 

I'm in agreement with Rich on the look of the Leather Conditioner.  I use the Leather Condition on the dash, center console and doors and like the look, but the strong scent bothers the wife.  I'm looking forward to trying to Paste to see what it does and how it smells.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:42 AM, RayS said:

I'm in agreement with Rich on the look of the Leather Conditioner.  I use the Leather Condition on the dash, center console and doors and like the look, but the strong scent bothers the wife.  I'm looking forward to trying to Paste to see what it does and how it smells.

Funny  you mention the wife and smells.  My wife loves the smell, but she says that if she rides in the car after I use it on the seats, that she can smell it on her for days.  Maybe women are just more sensitive to smells than men.  Doesn't bother me.

Maybe it is obvious and I am just missing it but what difference is there between the Leather Conditioner (LC) and the Leather and Interior Dressing (LID) outside of the satin versus matte look?  I have really enjoyed using LC but I like that LID is cheaper.  Does one provide more protection than the other?  I note that the LC's description includes more detailed information such as UPF 65 while LID just states it has UV protection.  Any info is appreciated.

I've only ever used the Leather Conditioner so I can't compare .............yet.  I got the Interior Protection Paste to use in the winter when I store the Vette, so then I'll be able to say an opinion.  One thing I noticed though is that it says that the LID is good for NON porous surfaces, so if you have perforated leather seats, you may want to stay with the Leather Conditioner or the IPP.  

I was thinking "porous" didn't include ventilated seats so I asked on Amazon and got this response from Adams.

Non porous interior surfaces include leather, vinyl, dashboards, plastics, etc. This product can be used on ventilated leather seats because the material is non porous. Suede, alcantara, carpet & upholstery would be considered porous, or containing a fibrous surface, therefore not recommended. As a rule of thumb, it is best to not dress surface that has a nap to them. Thanks! 

Edited by Bandit3

47 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Either of these can be used on ventilated seats, but you'll want to work them into the applicator pad before applying to get a nice, thin, even layer.

Great, thanks for the reply I'm anxious to try it.

One thing I was curious about, I have never had seats with embroidery on them until now...do I need to be careful of those or will this not hurt the color at all ?

54.jpg

It took me a bit to make the switch to Leather Condition, mainly because of the leather items I have and have had for so many years.  Once I started using it on the vehicles, Leather Conditioner became the only product that I use on seats, dashes, and door panels.  If you have a tire cover on Jeep or such or one of the ones in the trunk it works great on them also.

Edited by RayS

18 hours ago, RayS said:

It took me a bit to make the switch to Leather Condition, mainly because of the leather items I have and have had for so many years.  Once I started using it on the vehicles, Leather Conditioner became the only product that I use on seats, dashes, and door panels.  If you have a tire cover on Jeep or such or one of the ones in the trunk it works great on them also.

It does leave a nice rich look I can see why you switched.

I used it a years ago and my bottle got a little old so I replaced it with the Interior Detailer and liked it quiet a bit....still use it on the the dash and door panels, but I might switch to the leather conditioner again after seeing how great it did on the seats.