Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ultra Foam + 2018 Pumkin Spice | Shine???

clarkeandrew1

Shampoo  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Shampoo of Choice?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2019 at 09:41 PM

Question

Hey guys, a month ago I started using a foam cannon and did use the regular shampoo and DS couple of times but last weekend I decided to use a sample packet of ultra foam I received in a mystery box along with a new Pumpkin Spice DS and I'm seeing a shine that has me baffled. My car looks like it has been polished. My car was coated with G&G few months ago but I've never seen the shine this good. I thought it was the lighting but it's not, after inspecting it for 2 days and I'm receiving comments from others. I'm trying to figure out if it's coming from the ultra foam or the Spice DS. Is the Spice any different from regular DS? I plan to use the regular shampoo next weekend with the Spice DS to find out but until then, what are your thoughts on Ultra Foam? Have you noticed any difference?IMG_9590.thumb.JPG.5a80486c7eb1842dabf1066aaee253b0.JPG 

Edited by clarkeandrew1

14 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

Ultra has a little bit of SIO2 in it.  So it could be helping a bit.  DS is also an awesome thing....I dont know anyone who has tried Adam’s DS, who did not continue using it.

Wow didn’t know that, maybe the SIO2 explains it then. Thanks Nick. 

Edited by clarkeandrew1

3 minutes ago, clarkeandrew1 said:

I need to try this. 

Yes, the wash and wax is pretty cool. 

Wash and Wax and the Wash+Coat are infused with SiO2 as well. Leave a great shine! Also while we're mentioning shampoos. Adams came out with the Mega Foam Shampoo as a trial to see what everybody's reaction to it was. I plan on trying mine tonight as long as the weather cooperates!

On 6/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, falcaineer said:

Got mine! First impressions...(still) smells awesome - orange creamsicle. And a lot thinner than I thought it would be. Didn't pay much attention to consistency in the bottle at the HQ.

And before you ask, I didn't get to use it today, but hope to soon. Anyone else have theirs?

IMG_20190602_190951.thumb.jpg.ba4636027cf74b39ee79bce94d7b07ad.jpg

On 6/3/2019 at 7:41 AM, Parad0x said:

Mine came Saturday but also have not had time to use it as we were getting on and off rain the weekend.  

The smell is nice, orange like mentioned.  There definitely is a soapy smell mixed in, same as my gingerbread ultra foam but the orange scent in this one is far more noticeable than the gingerbread was in the Black Friday Ultra Foam.  It doesn't ruin it by any means but it is there.  

The thing I noticed first was how much thinner it is than most other soaps.  It reminded me of a video I saw on YouTube just a week ago for this new Turtle Wax Ice Snow Foam Wash that's out.  It too was quite thin/watery yet foamed really well so maybe these are new formulations that are available for high foam.  

Can't wait to try this one out and if it works well, I hope they make the decision to sell it in gallon sizes to help save a little money.

Here are the first two reviews I saw. And a few on Instagram where people loved it. I haven't done too much digging but so far people seem to like it.

And I sure will let you know.

Update:

Instagram has mixed reviews. Some people  find the price to be too high. Some don't like the smell. Others love it and are calling for gallon sizes. I'll tell you my opinion as soon as I can.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin
Update

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Here are the first two reviews I saw. And a few on Instagram where people loved it. I haven't done too much digging but so far people seem to like it.

And I sure will let you know.

Update:

Instagram has mixed reviews. Some people  find the price to be too high. Some don't like the smell. Others love it and are calling for gallon sizes. I'll tell you my opinion as soon as I can.

Honestly, I wouldn't call them mixed on IG, at least not as far as performance goes...for that, it's overwhelming that it works as advertised. Yes, some complain about price, but Adams tried to explain that briefly and said they are working on it, if possible. But I have yet to read one out if hundreds that don't like how it performs. As for smell, that's a personal preference thing...I don't like WC but still use it! My two cents... 😁

42 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Honestly, I wouldn't call them mixed on IG, at least not as far as performance goes...for that, it's overwhelming that it works as advertised. Yes, some complain about price, but Adams tried to explain that briefly and said they are working on it, if possible. But I have yet to read one out if hundreds that don't like how it performs. As for smell, that's a personal preference thing...I don't like WC but still use it! My two cents... 😁

Absolutely. 100% agreed. Most of the negative ones I read seemed like speculation because they didn't understand the cost savings of only using 2 oz. But you're right. Everybody that spoke to its performance was very happy. 

And yes smell is subjective. Also I wonder if those that didn't like the smell only smelled it out of the bottle when it's fully concentrated as opposed to out of the foam gun/cannon.

OH well. I'm super excited to use it! 

On 6/6/2019 at 7:01 AM, clarkeandrew1 said:

Please let us know, thanks. 

Alright here we go. Bottom line: I think it’s very effective especially considering how much product it requires. I measured out two ounces and put that into my 32oz foam cannon bottle. And it foamed very nicely. With very thick foam. And the foam clung to the vehicle even after I walked away for 2-3 minutes. Lubrication was nice. The consistency as mentioned by the other reviews posted, is much thinner than expected but, hey, if it works it works, so it not questioning that one bit. I’m impressed that so little product produced so much foam.

92ECF948-CAE8-46BF-AE3B-A51BEE5CDFC2.thumb.jpeg.f79c2a1289198bca23aa9382997b2ea4.jpeg

In this picture above, you can see how much is left. Still 7 foam cannons worth of shampoo.

CEBA499D-BD21-4C22-943D-9371C57F0FBE.thumb.jpeg.c50bbd7f2e60531034919a366535bcc2.jpeg

After walking away for a few minutes. It’s still hangin on

See the video attached too to see how it looked coming out of my cheap foam cannon and cheap pressure washer. That's some thicc foam.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin
Issues with Video