Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying out carpet/upholstery

White15gti

Question

Hey everyone! 

Ive recently started to do a bit more detailing than just my own personal cars as sort of a side job to make some extra cash. 

On the cars cars that I’ve done there have been some stains that I was asked to remove from some cargo areas and rear bench seats. I used either the multi-purpose foaming cleaner or the carpet and upholstery cleaner with the cock-pit brush and then use an interior detailing towel to wipe away any excess residue. Both worked exceedingly well.

My question is this, is there a good way to dry out the spots that I used the cleaners on? I’m asking because when I was finished wiping away any excess with the towel that the spots were still relatively damp. 

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Matt

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, White15gti said:

Awesome, thanks! I’ll give that a shot. 

I was also wondering if maybe a hair dryer on low/medium heat would work? 

Sure, anything that adds heat, moving air, etc, will dry things faster. But a hair dryer will take a while to do an entire bench seat.

Depends on how wet.  If it's really wet, I'd go with a shop vac.  If it's damp, just a hair dryer will work, or a fan.  Even if the car has heated seats, you could turn them on as long as they're not wet. Speaking of, that's something you'll want to check before wetting up seats these days.