Customer Service 866.965.0400
Sign in to follow this  
Hannah

Washing and Polishing ceramic coated wheels

Question

I recently bought a set of polished American Force wheels and had them ceramic coated. Do you have any suggestions on a good wheel cleaner to use that won’t damage the wheel or the coating? 

5 answers to this question

Hi Hannah - Adams Wheel Cleaner is my favorite wheel cleaner out there; however, I would hate to use it repeatedly on ceramic coated wheels. I think the chemical is too strong and would wear down the coating. Adams Eco Wheel Cleaner or Adams Eco All Purpose Cleaner are safer options, but even then, I wouldn't recommend using them repeatedly on ceramic coated wheels for the same reason. Since the coating is great at keeping the wheels slick and keeping contamination like brake dust and fallout from sticking to the wheel, I would probably just recommend using a bucket of water and some of Adams Car Shampoo with your favorite Wheel brushes/Wheel mitts and just clean the wheel with those. The car shampoo should be pretty successful at getting all the nastiness off your coated wheels with ease. Just make sure to get the back of the spokes and the barrel of the wheel.

After you'll all clean, I would suggest using Ceramic Boost about once a month to boost your ceramic coating and to keep the wheels poppin.

First off Welcome!

I would also recommend using Adam's Car Wash Shampoo for maintained wheels.  To make it easier, I keep some premixed in a bottle with a foaming sprayer, and refill from my wash bucket when needed.  For a little more cleaning power step up to APC mixed 50/50 with water.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, Hannah said:

I recently bought a set of polished American Force wheels and had them ceramic coated. Do you have any suggestions on a good wheel cleaner to use that won’t damage the wheel or the coating? 

That's probably the smartest thing you could have done to your forces.  I had the stakz and would clean those bad boys at least 2 or 3 times a week just for maintenance and then do at least a hand polish every week.  I CC my current wheels and having the coating is amazingly less work with just some soap and water.