Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing and Polishing ceramic coated wheels

Hannah

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi Hannah - Adams Wheel Cleaner is my favorite wheel cleaner out there; however, I would hate to use it repeatedly on ceramic coated wheels. I think the chemical is too strong and would wear down the coating. Adams Eco Wheel Cleaner or Adams Eco All Purpose Cleaner are safer options, but even then, I wouldn't recommend using them repeatedly on ceramic coated wheels for the same reason. Since the coating is great at keeping the wheels slick and keeping contamination like brake dust and fallout from sticking to the wheel, I would probably just recommend using a bucket of water and some of Adams Car Shampoo with your favorite Wheel brushes/Wheel mitts and just clean the wheel with those. The car shampoo should be pretty successful at getting all the nastiness off your coated wheels with ease. Just make sure to get the back of the spokes and the barrel of the wheel.

After you'll all clean, I would suggest using Ceramic Boost about once a month to boost your ceramic coating and to keep the wheels poppin.

First off Welcome!

I would also recommend using Adam's Car Wash Shampoo for maintained wheels.  To make it easier, I keep some premixed in a bottle with a foaming sprayer, and refill from my wash bucket when needed.  For a little more cleaning power step up to APC mixed 50/50 with water.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, Hannah said:

I recently bought a set of polished American Force wheels and had them ceramic coated. Do you have any suggestions on a good wheel cleaner to use that won’t damage the wheel or the coating? 

That's probably the smartest thing you could have done to your forces.  I had the stakz and would clean those bad boys at least 2 or 3 times a week just for maintenance and then do at least a hand polish every week.  I CC my current wheels and having the coating is amazingly less work with just some soap and water.

I recently got some brand new American forces and had the ceramic coated with Adams products 2 weeks later (now) I used they’re wheel and tire cleaner and has stained my brand new rims terribly bad I am suppppppeeeeer pisssssed and will be calling them tomorrow morning .

1 hour ago, Gustavo214 said:

I recently got some brand new American forces and had the ceramic coated with Adams products 2 weeks later (now) I used they’re wheel and tire cleaner and has stained my brand new rims terribly bad I am suppppppeeeeer pisssssed and will be calling them tomorrow morning .

I can Certainly understand your frustration,  The folks at Adam’s Are very helpful however, there is some clear  verbiage about this product’s usage on the product page https://adamspolishes.com/collections/new-just-in/products/adams-wheel-tire-cleaner

Also if you post some pictures here, we may be able to help in the meantime 

8 hours ago, Gustavo214 said:

First off, on Ceramic Coated wheels you shouldn't need a product any stronger than Eco Wheel Cleaner on them.

The Tire & Wheel Cleaner is some really aggressive stuff. Use it with caution! It's awesome for cleaning nasty tires, and does a pretty good job at cleaning wheels. As with all Adam's tire and wheel cleaners; APC, Eco APC, Tire & Rubber Cleaner, Wheel Cleaner, Eco Wheel Cleaner, and Tire & Wheel Cleaner use them on a wheel that's been rinsed of heavy debris with water, out of the sun, on a cool wheel, and DO NOT let the product dry on the tire or wheel. Once you believe you have them rinse thoroughly, rinse them again.

Start your wash job with the wheels and tires first. By doing this you can spray them with clear water again as you clean the vehicle. Spray the Tire & Wheel Cleaner on the wet wheel first, and then on the tire. Start by cleaning the wheel, then move on to the wet tire, making sure the wheel is still damp with either water or more product. Once the tire is scrubbed clean, rinse both the wheel and tire. Make sure the lug holes have been rinsed clear of product. If any chemical remains in the lug holes it'll drip out, and down across the wheel and tire, possibly staining both.

Metal Polish #'s 1 & 2 should clean up your wheels.