Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coating Removal

Lukester

Question

I purchased a car that was ceramic coated without paint correction done first which sealed in many imperfections. What products should I use to remove this old mystery coating so I can bring it to a mirror finish and reseal? I tried quickly blasting it with the Heavy correcting polish, correcting polish, then finishing polish and I'm not sure if I got it all off. Should I try more passes or is there something else I can use?

3 answers to this question

Hi Luke,

Welcome to the forum!

I would start with using Strip Wash before polishing. And adding some APC into the solution you're using to wash whether that's in your foam cannon or in your bucket or both.

Since you've already polished a good bit, see if you can see any water beading after your wash. IF you have water beading the coating is there. If you don't, that doesn't necessarily mean its totally gone yet.I would possibly try the finishing polish again if you think it needs it.

If you need something less abrasive, try the Adams Revival Hand Polish. Not sure how effective this would be to remove a really thick coating, but should okay if you have a thin layer left to remove.

Somebody else may chime in and have better answers than me.

Lukester, im in same boat.

I had spoke to CS at Adams. Their answer was start with the MF pad with HC polish.  And use a water bottle to spray water on panel every so often, when it stops beading then u removed the coating. 

I haven’t  tried it yet!! So keep me posted!!