Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Washing/Detailing must haves!!

TMFS

Hi There! Welcome to the Forum! What are you detailing?

That's a good start! Did you get it from Amazon? my favorite chemicals from that kit are probably the detail spray and the H20 GG. Detail Spray is what got me started detailing. It's very versatile and leaves a very nice finish. Now I believe that every product on Adam's line has a place and a purpose. But I can try and point you to my most used/ most versatile products.

Interior Products -

Cleaning

Interior Detailer is great, except its not the most powerful cleaner. So if you keep your interior pretty clean to begin with, you should be set. But if the interiors you work on are very dirty, I would suggest to use either the Leather and Interior Cleaner, or the All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel. Both can be diluted, so I keep mine 1:1 with water. That way I save some money.

If you have cloth seats, then I definitely suggest the Carper and Upholstery Cleaner

Protection

After I clean the interior, I like to follow up to add UV protection. Interior detailer has protection in it so you're set - I would follow up with Interior Detalier after the cleaning! There are other products on Adam's line for interior protection as well.

Exterior Products -

Cleaning

Your car shampoo in the kit is extraordinary. I have found that sometimes when I'm in a pinch, or if its raining and my vehicle needs a clean, one of my favorite products is Rinseless Wash. RW can be used when you don't have access to water, so it was perfect for me living in an apartment. Also like I said above in a pinch, this takes like 30 minutes from set up to putting my towels in the washing machine (dependent on size of vehicle). You can use it as a spray waterless wash, or a clay lube, or a bucket rinseless wash, or a presoak before washing. There's a list of dilution ratios dependent on what task you need to accomplish. This is great for road trips!

If you ever see some crazy build up of brake dust on your wheels that your Eco Wheel Cleaner or Eco All Purpose Cleaner won't take care of, I suggest Wheel Cleaner - Very powerful cleaner and will change color to show you the reaction with brake dust. I also dilute this one 1:1 to save some money.

Protection

You already have the H20 Guard and Gloss, which is one of my favorite products. It will seal your paint and glass, and leave your car with incredible gloss. Use it about once every 3 washes or 4-6 weeks, and it will protect your car very effectively. Also! Use it on your wheels to protect and shine your wheels!

If you feel like you need something more, then take a look at Adam's Ceramic Line. (Ceramic Waterless Wash and Ceramic Spray Coating are my favorite)

I do suggest you read through this write up (bottom of my post) to help you understand the different types of protection and what may be right for you... But honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with the H20 Guard and Gloss.

If you read through to this point, thanks for sticking with me, and I'm excited to see your results!

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Interior?  Brilliant Glaze for the interior glass.  My cars are both leather, new and not dirty, so just leather conditioner for 95% of it.  A good brush for the carpets to loosen any tracked in dirt. I do use Interior Detailer for some things occasionally. 

Exterior.........Ceramic Paste Wax, Ceramic Boost, Tire Armor, Guard n Gloss, and the list goes on and on. I've used just about every product Adam's makes and never had any complaints or issues, just have changed my current uses as time goes on and new favorites come out.  

Welcome, Tanner! 

That's a great start. My new interior favorite is the All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel. It can be used on anything except glass, smells great, and works extremely well. My favorite for the exterior is HGG, but I'm really liking the Ceramic Waterless, now, too. If you can swing it, I recommend you get a couple Mystery boxes/buckets to try new things and see what you like. 

@Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin gave a nice write up and linked to the perfect thread. Ask any other questions you have...

7 hours ago, falcaineer said:

That's a great start. My new interior favorite is the All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel. It can be used on anything except glass, smells great, and works extremely well. My favorite for the exterior is HGG, but I'm really liking the Ceramic Waterless, now, too. If you can swing it, I recommend you get a couple Mystery boxes/buckets to try new things and see what you like. 

I got a bottle of the All Purpose interior Cleaning Gel, but haven't used it yet. Have you found the cleaning gel effective on interior navigation screens? I have tried a few different things including DS because I think I remember a video where Adam recommends it. I still haven't found a very good product for the screens. My owners manual recommended glass cleaner, but it feels wrong to me. Any recommendations if the gel won't work for this?

On 6/20/2019 at 5:59 AM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Hi There! Welcome to the Forum! What are you detailing?

That's a good start! Did you get it from Amazon? my favorite chemicals from that kit are probably the detail spray and the H20 GG. Detail Spray is what got me started detailing. It's very versatile and leaves a very nice finish. Now I believe that every product on Adam's line has a place and a purpose. But I can try and point you to my most used/ most versatile products.

Interior Products -

Cleaning

Interior Detailer is great, except its not the most powerful cleaner. So if you keep your interior pretty clean to begin with, you should be set. But if the interiors you work on are very dirty, I would suggest to use either the Leather and Interior Cleaner, or the All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel. Both can be diluted, so I keep mine 1:1 with water. That way I save some money.

If you have cloth seats, then I definitely suggest the Carper and Upholstery Cleaner

Protection

After I clean the interior, I like to follow up to add UV protection. Interior detailer has protection in it so you're set - I would follow up with Interior Detalier after the cleaning! There are other products on Adam's line for interior protection as well.

Exterior Products -

Cleaning

Your car shampoo in the kit is extraordinary. I have found that sometimes when I'm in a pinch, or if its raining and my vehicle needs a clean, one of my favorite products is Rinseless Wash. RW can be used when you don't have access to water, so it was perfect for me living in an apartment. Also like I said above in a pinch, this takes like 30 minutes from set up to putting my towels in the washing machine (dependent on size of vehicle). You can use it as a spray waterless wash, or a clay lube, or a bucket rinseless wash, or a presoak before washing. There's a list of dilution ratios dependent on what task you need to accomplish. This is great for road trips!

If you ever see some crazy build up of brake dust on your wheels that your Eco Wheel Cleaner or Eco All Purpose Cleaner won't take care of, I suggest Wheel Cleaner - Very powerful cleaner and will change color to show you the reaction with brake dust. I also dilute this one 1:1 to save some money.

Protection

You already have the H20 Guard and Gloss, which is one of my favorite products. It will seal your paint and glass, and leave your car with incredible gloss. Use it about once every 3 washes or 4-6 weeks, and it will protect your car very effectively. Also! Use it on your wheels to protect and shine your wheels!

If you feel like you need something more, then take a look at Adam's Ceramic Line. (Ceramic Waterless Wash and Ceramic Spray Coating are my favorite)

I do suggest you read through this write up (bottom of my post) to help you understand the different types of protection and what may be right for you... But honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with the H20 Guard and Gloss.

If you read through to this point, thanks for sticking with me, and I'm excited to see your results!

Thanks for the help! I ordered it straight from Adams since they were running the 15% off special! I'm also about to order the Turbo Stick and the Wheel Woolie!

16 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome, Tanner! 

@Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin gave a nice write up and linked to the perfect thread. Ask any other questions you have...

I was wondering if the mystery boxes are worth buying, if you actually get your money's worth from them?

16 minutes ago, TMFS said:

I was wondering if the mystery boxes are worth buying, if you actually get your money's worth from them?

If you are new to Adams and looking to start getting a bunch of their products i would highly recommend it.  The more money the Mb is the higher the guaranteed product amount is.    Did you scroll through the MB pics page? Sometimes its just basic stuff (thats always usable and great for a newbee) or you could get lucky and get a huge haul.  Ive ordered numerous boxes, bags organizers last year or so and have never been disappointed.   

I def have received  products i would not have normally ordered and now use everything!!  Go for it. 

3 hours ago, TMFS said:

I agree with @tlbullet 

ive has an awesome experience and it can get you started on a variety of products. Check out the mystery box page to see more mystery box testimonies! 

3 hours ago, TMFS said:

Thanks for the help! I ordered it straight from Adams since they were running the 15% off special! I'm also about to order the Turbo Stick and the Wheel Woolie!

Awesome which ones did you end up ordering?

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

On 6/21/2019 at 4:33 AM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I got a bottle of the All Purpose interior Cleaning Gel, but haven't used it yet. Have you found the cleaning gel effective on interior navigation screens? I have tried a few different things including DS because I think I remember a video where Adam recommends it. I still haven't found a very good product for the screens. My owners manual recommended glass cleaner, but it feels wrong to me. Any recommendations if the gel won't work for this?

Haven't tried that, actually. I do like DS on them, though. If you try the gel, let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...