Step stool

Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Question

18 answers to this question

Juan,

It depends on 2 things :  

Size of Vehicle(s) and your height

With my Morris I can do everything without use of a step stool (!'m 5'11") but,

with my Chevy I need this - I bought one before Adam's had them but it appears to be similar but mine is not quite as nice.  .  I personally love it as i can move back and forth - I used a small one before and kept having to move it - now I dont have to do that.

3 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

Good point!  Grip tape is a good thing when the stool would be wet and soapy.

My thoughts exactly!

That’s What got me to just order it.

And, that’s what caused me to almost get hurt with the stool I own.

Great product for them to carry. I also really like the steps on each end.

from the pic the quality looks top notch.

I’ll post a review with pics when mine comes in next week.

I bought mine a few months ago before Adam's had these and both my son-in-laws got one.  For getting to the room on the pickup and SUV, they are perfect, even getting to the windshield is easier.   I'll also say that we all use them around the house as much as we do for the vehicles.  Whether it is hanging curtains, painting, hanging pictures and many more uses.  Mine is very light weight and also has a 300+ lbs rating.  Mine also has an anti-slit surface and even with soapy water on it, I have not had any issues.

I have found that it isn't just for the bigger vehicles being that I'm 5' 9".  The last time I polished the wife's Malibu, I used it so I didn't have to reach up on the roof and it was pretty much chest high.  It really is one of those things that I didn't know I needed or would really use until I got it and then found out how much use it really is.

Edited by RayS

Thanks everybody for the feedback! @GXPaycheck Thanks for mentioning the pipe insulation. I was going to ask if anybody is scared of any accidents. Just seems scary to put something so harsh so close to paint. 

I have an SUV, and I always have to open the door and use it as my step stool. But I have not had to polish yet. I have been imagining how difficult it would be to try to polish up there. I guess this would be the solution. I still wonder if I will be able to reach far enough even with the step stool lol.

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Thanks everybody for the feedback! @GXPaycheck Thanks for mentioning the pipe insulation. I was going to ask if anybody is scared of any accidents. Just seems scary to put something so harsh so close to paint. 

I have an SUV, and I always have to open the door and use it as my step stool. But I have not had to polish yet. I have been imagining how difficult it would be to try to polish up there. I guess this would be the solution. I still wonder if I will be able to reach far enough even with the step stool lol.

Ive almost had an accident with the step stool I own now. We’ll see how sturdy it is and I’ll decide tenif the pipe insulation is needed. Come to think of it, based on feedback already, I’ll be adding it :) 

‘I was using the inside of the door to reach the windshield etc but noticed I was scratching the door sills when I was standing on them.

Edited by MasterBlasterII

On 6/25/2019 at 2:28 AM, MasterBlasterII said:

Ive almost had an accident with the step stool I own now. We’ll see how sturdy it is and I’ll decide tenif the pipe insulation is needed. Come to think of it, based on feedback already, I’ll be adding it :) 

‘I was using the inside of the door to reach the windshield etc but noticed I was scratching the door sills when I was standing on them.

Yes I'm confident I've been leaving marrs all over my door sill, but I haven't thought of any other way to reach the roof/windshield without it.

I tried it with a step ladder one time and it was not a fun experience. Basically just anxiety the whole time about slipping and having this sharp 4' aluminum ladder go crashing into my door. So that's why I've stuck to just the doors. I will have to find a way to justify buying one of these low stools, though.

I got my Adams step stool delivered today and as promised wanted to give you my initial thoughts.

It definitely exceeded my expectations. It is a better quality than I thought it would be. Very sturdy, lots and lots of grip tape, wider and longer than I thought it would be. I know they tell you the measurements but it just seems bigger than I thought it would be.

Not to heavy, in fact the perfect weight for taking it out and putting it away.

My driveway Is not level, which is why I almost busted my butt with my old step stool. 
The Adams step stool handles it no problem. No shake, no feeling of it could fall, nothing.

Just a solid platform.

I used it to clean the rubber around my sun roof and felt very secure. The grip tape feels like it’s holding you.

I highly recommend it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for the pic for reference.  I have an Equinox and that looks a lot longer than the one I'm currently using. Now I'm looking forward to getting mine.  

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Thanks for the pic for reference.  I have an Equinox and that looks a lot longer than the one I'm currently using. Now I'm looking forward to getting mine.  

You’re going to love it!

Definitely a must have for anyone serious about detailing their rides.

Plus, there are so many other uses for it around the house!