Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Red Vehicle and Ceramic Paste Wax

RayS

Question

After a couple of months of research, test drives, more test drives, the wife picked out her new vehicle and we brought it home on Thursday.  She wanted a 5 passenger SUV to replace the Malibu and there are a limited number of mid-size SUV's that have the creature comforts.  She could have had whatever she wanted and it came down to three candidates, Range Rover Velar, Buick Envision Premium II and GMC Terrain Denali.   Her primary item was ride comfort since we use her vehicle for trips the majority of the time.

In addition to her last three, we had tested the Cadillac XT-4 and XT-5, Chevy Blazer, Range Rover Evoque 2020 and multiple others.  There are some mighty fine vehicles between them and the one that really surprised us was the GMC Terrain Denali.  While it is built on the same chassis as the Equinox, it is not an Equinox by any means - the father-in-law has one and it wasn't even on our radar.  The ride is unbelievably smooth, it is super quiet inside and she got it with every added feature you can imagine and a few that we had not thought of.  The 2013 Chevy Malibu is no longer at my house, although it was a great car.

What does any good Adam's customer do when they get a new vehicle, detail it with one of their favorite Adam's products and that has become Ceramic Paste Wax for me.  I think we are going to change the Chrome Mirror Caps for body color painted ones, but for now they need to shine.   The wheels were done with Ceramic Boost, the tire Tire Shine and the entire body with Ceramic Paste Wax, Glass Sealant on the Windshield exterior, Brilliant Glaze on the Windshield interior.    The grill took what seemed liked eternity to do, but I sat on my platform stool and worked away and am pleased with the results.

I was going to have the front end done with XPel right away, except our local dealer has closed, so I have to travel about a 100 miles to get it done - hopefully this week.   We still plan on going with a professional grade ceramic coating which will be late summer or early fall - at least before the weather turns cold up north.   

I do have one question, the front seats are heated and ventilated and the back seats are heated all of them being leather.  I have conditioned many leather seats, but this is the first set that are ventilated and I'm looking for any gotcha's on the conditioning routine.   I like to condition the seats early on to get some protection and start the bi-annual preventative maintenance.  Any input on the ventilated seats would be appreciated.

Mirror.JPG

Detailed.JPG

Detailed Front.JPG

9 answers to this question

Beautiful Terrain!  My wife and I used to have a 2018 model, however we had another child and needed more room and traded it in on a Tahoe. But we absolutely loved that Terrain. 

You can dap a little bit of leather conditioner onto a foam applicator pad and have no problems with the ventilated seats. But, I highly suggest ceramic coating the leather seats instead. 

I also have a side business of car detailing and recently just ceramic coated one the same color as yours: 4A7D664E-EF1A-42EB-9A62-50A0E57C3982.jpeg.5bd247addff494a11cb4c0756d0f1373.jpeg

7515DD01-C35E-4D65-B030-AE927872CE5D.jpeg

As said above, just make sure to work the LC into the (assuming red UFO) applicator pad and you shouldn't have any issues on perforated/ventilated seats. Same goes for the Matte Leather Dressing. Watch the process in the product videos for more.

One other tip for if/when you try the new Interior Protection Paste, do the same thing. A little goes a long way and if it is applied too heavily, if may clog the holes...meaning a lot of time with a toothpick is in your future!

By the way, the car looks great!!

Edited by falcaineer

The Red pad with the Leather Condition went on just as easy with the vented seats as it does with normal seats.  Thank you all for the feedback letting me know I didn't have to worry about the vented seats, I used my normal thin, smooth strokes - they look great.   

The first add on parts went in yesterday, the wife ordered Wisconsin Badger seat belt pads and South Carolina Gamecocks ones for the back seats.   She contemplated ordering the Packer ones, but the color scheme didn't work which the same excuse she gave for not getting the Syracuse, my school or other daughters Clemson ones.

Interior pictures never do a vehicle justice.  I completed the Leather Conditioner on the interior today, including the dash and got the few high spots out.   As I understand it, the next item will be Lloyd's floor mats.  We received the GMC all weather mats and the stock carpet mats with the Terrain, neither come across as anything special. 

IMG_0402.JPG