Customer Service 866.965.0400

Super VRT on Weathertech Floor Mats?

WMUCarGuy

Question

So I just pulled out my WeatherTech floor mats and gave them a good scrubbing using a combination of APC and Tire and Rubber Cleaner. 

They look a lot better than they did, but my question is could I slap on a coat of Super VRT to give them a little bit nicer looking finish? Or would that result in a slippery finish that I might not want for a floor mat

15613176926766022216478855021819.jpg

16 answers to this question

One word of advice, don't use Tire Shine.  They may look good, but will be very slippery, the same goes for running board rubber mats.   No need to ask me how I know..., but I call say that with enough scrubbing and APC it will come off.

The cleaner can be picked up from most of the distributors.  The list of distributors is under Store Locator on the products site, you can also stop by your local Chevy dealer since it is product the larger dealers will have on hand.  Yes, they'll even sell the products to a Ford owner, but they might try to convince you to get a new truck while you are there.

4 hours ago, alanwrench said:

How does the ceramic make out? Slippery??

Also, I have heard there are still ways to get the mat cleaner that adams made... how would one get that through? I would love to stock up on it! 90% of my customer cars have rubber mats!

No, it won't be slippery. 

As @RayS said, contact a local distributor if you want the mat cleaner. Here's the link https://adamspolishes.myshopify.com/apps/store-locator/ In my experience, I like APC or TRC the same as the Mat Cleaner on mine.

I tried something new for the first time. I used the in and out spray to give my worn out weather techs a better look and they turned out looking almost brand new. Not too slippery. Let them air dry outside the vehicle for about two hours tho. It actually worked super good. U would be surprised!

On 9/28/2019 at 4:42 PM, ChevyBoy92 said:

I tried something new for the first time. I used the in and out spray to give my worn out weather techs a better look and they turned out looking almost brand new. Not too slippery. Let them air dry outside the vehicle for about two hours tho. It actually worked super good. U would be surprised!

My go-to routine for Weathertech mats is Tire & Rubber Cleaner followed up by Ceramic Spray Coating. Give it a shot. It will make them much easier to clean up, and darkens them up a slight amount too!

26 minutes ago, Dan@Adams said:

My go-to routine for Weathertech mats is Tire & Rubber Cleaner followed up by Ceramic Spray Coating. Give it a shot. It will make them much easier to clean up, and darkens them up a slight amount too!

Dan, have you noticed the Ceramic Spray Coating leaving the chemically smell?

ive been wanting to do this to some weather tech mats in a brand new vehicle, but was afraid it would leave the ceramic spray coating smell.

I used VRT on my Weather Tech mats and the did get slippery but they also repelled the neck out of some sort. My 4 year had a tough time maintaining her footing getting in and out of my truck. I will try Interior Detail spray next time. 

4 hours ago, DLC_Shark said:

I used VRT on my Weather Tech mats and the did get slippery but they also repelled the neck out of some sort. My 4 year had a tough time maintaining her footing getting in and out of my truck. I will try Interior Detail spray next time. 

As you've learned, VRT doesn't work well for all weather mats. Instead, use Ceramic Spray Coating. It works really well, will last the longest, and doesn't leave the mats slippery.