Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Protection Paste

Junior

Question

Does anyone know if the Interior Protection Paste is okay to use on door panel and dashboard plastics? I just got a tub and without thinking applied it to dashboard and door panels. I’ve always used the L CON that way so it’s a force of habit. Hoping it’s intended for use on those surfaces.

22 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Junior said:

Same here Rich. Just figured I’d ask since this paste is a different blend and the directions were inside the tub and got smeared by the paste. 😆

I don't know. The product website really only says to use on leather, but it also says "interior surfaces" a couple times, too. 

7 hours ago, falcaineer said:

@Rich @Junior The Interior Protection Paste can be used on all non-porous, non-nappy surfaces. So leather, vinyl and plastic are all fair game!

By "nappy" is that meaning like carpet, upholstery, suede, alcantra, etc. 

And what do people normally use for protection on the interior wood (or faux wood) trim? I usually just clean it, but have not followed up with any LC or anything. 

Next time I'll try with the Interior Protection Paste and let you guys know those results, but what do others use?

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

By "nappy" is that meaning like carpet, upholstery, suede, alcantra, etc. 

And what do people normally use for protection on the interior wood (or faux wood) trim? I usually just clean it, but have not followed up with any LC or anything. 

Next time I'll try with the Interior Protection Paste and let you guys know those results, but what do others use?

I believe you are correct about nappy, in other words something with nap or fibers. On the faux wood and shiny parts of interiors believe it or not, I like to use Adams Detail Spray. It kicks it up a notch.

1 minute ago, Junior said:

I believe you are correct about nappy, in other words something with nap or fibers. On the faux wood and shiny parts of interiors believe it or not, I like to use Adams Detail Spray. It kicks it up a notch.

Oh I believe it!! Ill do that! Thanks.

1 minute ago, falcaineer said:

Yep, correct! Kyle felt if should be emphasized so I did the same. Sorry for any confusion.

No confusion, just wanted to make sure I was understanding. Thanks for bringing our questions to HQ!

14 minutes ago, Junior said:

11 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Oh I believe it!! Ill do that! Thanks.

I like to use DS on nav screens, and have also used it on interior chrome trim pieces, as well. 😎

For the interior Chrome like areas you can use Ceramic Boost.  It not only looks good, but helps prevent finger prints.   I use a towel in the same manner that I do the wheels, a rather light spray on the towel and then wipe the surface.   I always do my door panels and dash with Leather Conditioner and I do that before I use the Ceramic Boost on the Chrome since I'm not sure what CB would do to door panels and such.

As for the Infotainment center, I use Glass Cleaner followed by Interior Detailer.

According to my wife (the seamstress) a "nappy" fabric is one where if you rub it one direction and then another it will look different.  Take a gray nappy fabric. If you rub up on it, it will look light gray, and you can actually see the fibers standing up, whereas if you rub DOWN on it, it will look flat and dark.   Corduroy is a "nappy" fabric.  Suede is also one.  

Last week i took home my NEW '19 Dodge Charger R/T PLUS Scat Pack...

did a FULLLLLL detail and used the paste. I must say, it's one of my new favorites. my pro tip to you is use it SPARINGLY, spread it out nice and even, and with the new (WORLD CLASS) interior towel, lightly buff and "finish". I love it! And I "treated" every surface that needs it most.