Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ultra Foam vs. Regular Shampoo for Two-Bucket Hand Wash

WMUCarGuy

Question

My bottle of the old school pink shampoo has finally run out and I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on the new blue shampoo vs. the ultra foam is? I'll be continuing to use the basic two-bucket hand wash method, not planning to invest in a foam cannon at this time. Does the ultra foam offer any benefits over the standard shampoo, if you're just doing a traditional hand wash, or do you really see gains with that product if it's coming out of a cannon?

Thanks, in advance!

Edited by WMUCarGuy

4 answers to this question

Hi Mike,   I use a Foam Gun and I see a small difference with a Ultra Foam compared to the regular Shampoo when using it.  I also use slightly less Ultra Foam and can't really see a difference in the cost per wash.  The one thing that keeps me using the Ultra is that I prefer the smell, so I buy a gallon when it is on sale and it lasts about year or so doing on average of 2 vehicles per weekend.

This also assumes that you do a Mystery box or two a year for which I also receive one or the other of the shampoo's most of the time.

I have a gallon and multiple 16oz of both.  My norm is Ultra in the cannon and blue in the bucket.  There was a dude on YouTube who was testing lots of shampoos and ultra was one of his very top favorites. As mentioned  I also prefer the ultra for the smell(grape).  And for technical into, ultra has a smidge of sio2 in it, and is 4 times the concentration of the blue shampoo.  Cheers

Of the two you mentioned, I definitely prefer Ultra Foam, both for performance and definitely smell (grape vs. wild berry...the latter is not one of my favorites). If/when the Mega is released again, I would certainly point you in that direction. It's incredible.

Oh, and don't forget Wash & Wax!

Edited by falcaineer