Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tight spaces and door jams

shane@detailedreflections

Question

Every wonder how we do door jams and tight spaces quickly?  The answer is a steamer and a tornador tool. 

Our steamer is a Vapor Chief 135 that allows us to mix chemical in the same line. With the steam it really heats the product which makes it super effective. We tend to run diluted APC through ours, but in the winter we can run rinseless through it to do an entire car. It just takes a little time. 

A good entry level steamer is the McColluch MC1385. It doesn’t allow continuous fill while hot, doesn’t mix chemical in the line and is lower pressure but will make a difference in how you work. 

In these two videos (sorry for my poor video skill, it’s not easy to work and video), you can see how the steamer does a ton of work. Once the steamer does it’s things, you can wipe them clean with ease. 

Typically before we wipe though, we use the Tornador tool. This tool runs off of the air compressor (and is air hungry with heavy use) but uses compressed air and chemical to mobilize contamination. We also run this with diluted APC frequently. 

When you combine these tolls, tight spaces don’t stand a chance!  Door jams are cleaned with easy as well as seams.

2 answers to this question

Thank you for sharing the information and video’s.   I have been considering a streamer and the I formation provided will help with that decision.  I deal with a lot of pollen in the spring along with tree sap.  Does the steamer also work effectively on them?