Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to this looking for advice

Tanner2297

Hey guys, new to Adams products and looking for some advice. I’ve recently made a few orders and got a good collection started, this is from the essential kit and 2 mystery buckets. I’ve always been interested in detailing, but have never got into it seriously. I’ve always been hesitant about jumping into it as far as machine polishing goes but I think that will be my next purchase. So just look over what I have and I would appreciate any advice on anything you have to offer. Thanks!E2478E18-6B51-42F2-B0D3-C02F2244B598.thumb.jpeg.fc5074128a0a145adee3948855589ae3.jpeg

Edited by Tanner2297

welcome Tanner! you have a good arsenal there!

i would say you should definitely try and use that ceramic spray coating! It’s mind blowing! Make sure you take the proper steps to prep before applying the coating.

I see you have plenty of eco wheel cleaner, once you start to run out of that, I would suggest looking at the regular wheel cleaner. That is, unless you have delicate wheels, then stick to the eco!

15 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

Welcome Tanner!  What are you working on and what are your goals for those vehicles?

Thanks for the reply! My personal vehicle is a 2000 Silverado with almost 300,000 miles lol. The paint isn’t perfect by any means but I think it could be corrected and turn out pretty good, so I think a machine polisher will be my next purchase. As far as right now really just want to test out some new things and get comfortable with them. I also will be using them on my brothers 2004 Silverado duramax (his paint is in a lot better condition than mine) he’s also caught the detailing bug and my moms 2010 Acura MDX. I graduate from college next May and just want to get some more experience with detailing before I buy another newer vehicle that I want to keep as pristine as possible.

Edited by Tanner2297

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

welcome Tanner! you have a good arsenal there!

i would say you should definitely try and use that ceramic spray coating! It’s mind blowing! Make sure you take the proper steps to prep before applying the coating.

I see you have plenty of eco wheel cleaner, once you start to run out of that, I would suggest looking at the regular wheel cleaner. That is, unless you have delicate wheels, then stick to the eco!

Thanks for the reply! I definitely want to try it, that’s another one of those things I’m hesitant about jumping into though lol. Also I don’t have any sprayers for them, I don’t know if it’s just me but every order I’ve received has been missing something or had something damaged. Missing a sprayer out of my essentials kit, missing 2 sprayers out of one mystery bucket, and I got another grit guard in one mystery bucket that had a couple pieces broken off the bottom of it.

35 minutes ago, Tanner2297 said:

Thanks for the reply! I definitely want to try it, that’s another one of those things I’m hesitant about jumping into though lol. Also I don’t have any sprayers for them, I don’t know if it’s just me but every order I’ve received has been missing something or had something damaged. Missing a sprayer out of my essentials kit, missing 2 sprayers out of one mystery bucket, and I got another grit guard in one mystery bucket that had a couple pieces broken off the bottom of it.

That's really unfortunate. I have had very good luck with my orders. There have been a few times where something was missing and they were very quick to respond and fix the issue for me. Try emailing them at orders@adamspolishes.com , they might be able to help

8 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

That's really unfortunate. I have had very good luck with my orders. There have been a few times where something was missing and they were very quick to respond and fix the issue for me. Try emailing them at orders@adamspolishes.com , they might be able to help

Yeah I’ve heard really good things about the customer service, but I haven’t really been impressed with it. I sent an email right after I noticed the missing sprayer in my essentials kit and got a quick reply saying they were sending out a replacement right away and I would receive a confirmation email. Well 2 or more weeks go by and nothing. By this time I’ve got my mystery buckets and see the missing and damaged items in them. So I have to send another email again asking about the first missing sprayer and the new missing stuff, I mentioned the grit guard but said it wasn’t a big deal because it was still usable and said maybe just add some protection under it next time. Anyways finally got an email back saying they shipped out another grit guard and a 3 pack of the normal sprayers, so I’m not getting the sprayers that are supposed to come with the ceramics, o well not a big deal and I’m getting another grit guard.

Edited by Tanner2297

Welcome, Tanner! Good start to your collection.

Their Customer Service really is top notch, but it's a very small team. Mistakes and oversights do happen on occasion, and so does damage - you seem to have but the bad lotto, though. 😢

So I'll tell you what, I have waaayyyyyy too many sprayers, and if for whatever reason you don't get them soon enough, PM me and I'll send you some at no cost. Just say the word...

Welcome Tanner,

I just drove through Knoxville on Sunday on my way back to Columbia, SC and could have dropped some off.  Most of us have more sprayers than we know what to do with, so there is no doubt a member on here or around Knoxville can hook you up.    If nothing else, I'll be in Johnson City at the beginning of August and I know that's only about an hour or so from Knoxville.

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome, Tanner! Good start to your collection.

Their Customer Service really is top notch, but it's a very small team. Mistakes and oversights do happen on occasion, and so does damage - you seem to have but the bad lotto, though. 😢

So I'll tell you what, I have waaayyyyyy too many sprayers, and if for whatever reason you don't get them soon enough, PM me and I'll send you some at no cost. Just say the word...

Thanks man I appreciate that! I think it’s taken care of now but I appreciate the offer!

1 hour ago, RayS said:

Welcome Tanner,

I just drove through Knoxville on Sunday on my way back to Columbia, SC and could have dropped some off.  Most of us have more sprayers than we know what to do with, so there is no doubt a member on here or around Knoxville can hook you up.    If nothing else, I'll be in Johnson City at the beginning of August and I know that's only about an hour or so from Knoxville.

I really appreciate the offer man! I think it’s taken care of now but really that’s awesome of you guys to offer that!

23 hours ago, Tanner2297 said:

Thanks for the reply! My personal vehicle is a 2000 Silverado with almost 300,000 miles lol. The paint isn’t perfect by any means but I think it could be corrected and turn out pretty good, so I think a machine polisher will be my next purchase. As far as right now really just want to test out some new things and get comfortable with them. I also will be using them on my brothers 2004 Silverado duramax (his paint is in a lot better condition than mine) he’s also caught the detailing bug and my moms 2010 Acura MDX. I graduate from college next May and just want to get some more experience with detailing before I buy another newer vehicle that I want to keep as pristine as possible.

Those sound like 2 large and challenging vehicles!  But once you get finished with them you will have tons of experience. 

I would expect they will need to be decontaminated with clay (or clay alternative).  If either are black or darker colors, they may need a 2 step (or even 3 step) correction.  Black shows everything, so it takes more work to remove any marring and get paint perfect.  Lighter colors can hide the marring, and look fine after just one-step of correction.   You will really know until you have done a test spot. 

53 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

Those sound like 2 large and challenging vehicles!  But once you get finished with them you will have tons of experience. 

I would expect they will need to be decontaminated with clay (or clay alternative).  If either are black or darker colors, they may need a 2 step (or even 3 step) correction.  Black shows everything, so it takes more work to remove any marring and get paint perfect.  Lighter colors can hide the marring, and look fine after just one-step of correction.   You will really know until you have done a test spot. 

Yeah both trucks are pewter so the paint really doesn’t show much unless your looking with a light real close. I just ordered a swirl killer kit last night so when ever it comes in I’m going to test it out and start getting comfortable with it. I think the only thing I don’t have that I need is the strip wash

12 minutes ago, Tanner2297 said:

Yeah both trucks are pewter so the paint really doesn’t show much unless your looking with a light real close. I just ordered a swirl killer kit last night so when ever it comes in I’m going to test it out and start getting comfortable with it. I think the only thing I don’t have that I need is the strip wash

Congrats man! I think You'll be happy about that!

On 7/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, Tanner2297 said:

If you have APC add 2-3 oz. to your Wash bucket and that will get you close to Strip Wash.