Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost Streaks - How To Remove

ctdw

Question

I applied Ceramic Boost last night in my garage about a week after applying Ceramic Spray Coating and all looked fine when done.  I pulled out of the garage this morning and discovered it left numerous streak so I must have used too much product (?).  I have (6) large LED overhead lights in my garage but for some reason the streaks do not show up at all in the garage!  They are not buffing out this morning of course so I am wondering what is the best option to remove them?  Is there an option that will not remove the Spray Coating also or am I stuck starting from scratch?

11 answers to this question

Can we see some pictures?

It is likely that you used too much product, or that your towels may have become too saturated. 

Some people mention applying brilliant glaze to remove high spots. I have not had much luck, but that's probably the least aggressive thing you could do. Or try using some Ceramic Waterless Wash. I've had some luck with that.

2 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Started raining so I can't take any pics right now and it does not show up in the garage.  I tried Ceramic Waterless Wash and that didn't seem to do the trick.  Don't have Brillant Glaze but can pick a bottle up if needed.  Would using Strip Wash take it off?

I applied too much product the first time I used Ceramic Boost. I applied Adams Detail Spray over the streaked areas and it looked fine. I now spray Boost onto a microfiber towel then to the paint surface. I've used Ceramic Boost successfully 3X this way. Best of luck, it will work out.

Thanks for the tips everyone.  Detail Spray helped, but didn't fully get it off.  I ran out and picked up a bottle of Brilliant Glaze (nice to have a a local store nearby with inventory - Adam's Underground in Cornelius!).  That did the trick...it removed the streaks. 

Did the Glaze fully remove the Boost?  Should I apply a new coat?  Will the Glaze effect the hydrophobic properties of the Spray Coating?

Pour some water on the surface and see how it reacts. If it it’s beading and shedding water, I would say you’re good and can hold off 4-6 weeks before you use ceramic boost again.

Im so glad the brilliant glaze worked! Also it’s a very cool product even when you don’t have ceramic boost problems!

6 hours ago, ctdw said:

Started raining so I can't take any pics right now and it does not show up in the garage.  I tried Ceramic Waterless Wash and that didn't seem to do the trick.  Don't have Brillant Glaze but can pick a bottle up if needed.  Would using Strip Wash take it off?

Since you don't have BG, try to reapply a very small amount of Boost on the streaks, have  several MF towels on hand, work in the shade.

Please update us.

6 minutes ago, Chris@Adams said:

Since you don't have BG, try to reapply a very small amount of Boost on the streaks, have  several MF towels on hand, work in the shade.

Please update us.

See previous post...I picked up a bottle of BG locally and it worked.  Curious on your opinion on these questions...

Did the Glaze fully remove the Boost?  Should I apply a new coat?  Will the Glaze effect the hydrophobic properties of the Spray Coating?  I did test with water and it's shedding water...just not sure if that's the BG or the Boost still.

Edited by ctdw
Added info

Hi DW,

Brilliant Glaze is one of my favorite products.  When Ceramic Boost is freshly installed BG can take out high spots without removing the product, it can also hide some minor defects.  My favorite thing with Brilliant Glaze is to clean the inside of the windshield.   

You can apply Brilliant Glaze over anything and it will add a lot of extra Pop to the vehicle.  However, it only lasts a few days and then basically evaporates when on outside of the vehicle.  When applied to the inside of the windshield, it will stay clear for many weeks and it greatly reduces the amount of fogging.  It always works wonders on stainless steel appliances. 

As for the CB leaving streaks, I have found the best application method is to use the wet method always using minimal product.  When I do the wheels, I spray the MF towel and then rub the wet wheels.  In addition, even if you wash weekly, only use CB every 4-6 weeks since it can build up and leave streaks.

10 minutes ago, RayS said:

Hi DW,

Brilliant Glaze is one of my favorite products.  When Ceramic Boost is freshly installed BG can take out high spots without removing the product, it can also hide some minor defects.  My favorite thing with Brilliant Glaze is to clean the inside of the windshield.   

I second that- it makes a huge difference.