Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any way to remove wrinkles?

67's

Question

Is there anyway to remove wrinkles in leather seats, covers aren't that old, but drivers side is wrinkled. I am going to flop seats from side to side, but wondering if there is a way to get the wrinkles out?

9 answers to this question

You can minimize those, but you're not going to get them out.  Best thing you may be able to do is just to treat them well with Leather Conditioner or with the new Interior Protection Paste.    Saw a post on FB  a while back where a guy used steam to stretch his seat covers as much as he could, but they he bought leather paint to fill in the cracks/wrinkles. Never heard of this stuff so I can't say why you would use paint on your leather, but the results were pretty good to look at.  My opinion is that by putting a paint on fabric, at some point in the future that stuff is going to dry out and start flaking off. I would just start a good moisturizing routine for your seats.  And maybe put a towel down when the dog is in there.  

1 hour ago, 67's said:

Ok thanks, I did put a boatload of conditioner on them last week, will try steam

If you do steam them, I've found it best to wrap your steamer head in one or two microfiber towels, both to take off a bit of the edge of the hot steam and to help clean.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:03 PM, Rich said:

You can minimize those, but you're not going to get them out.  Best thing you may be able to do is just to treat them well with Leather Conditioner or with the new Interior Protection Paste.    Saw a post on FB  a while back where a guy used steam to stretch his seat covers as much as he could, but they he bought leather paint to fill in the cracks/wrinkles. Never heard of this stuff so I can't say why you would use paint on your leather, but the results were pretty good to look at.  My opinion is that by putting a paint on fabric, at some point in the future that stuff is going to dry out and start flaking off. I would just start a good moisturizing routine for your seats.  And maybe put a towel down when the dog is in there.  

Other than King Ranch or ridiculously expensive sports cars all auto leather is, for lack of a better term, painted. If the surface is prepped correctly the paint won't flake off. AMMO did a video of a complete color change interior that lays out the extreme scenario.

There are also a few companies that sell new skins for the seats. From what I've seen it's quicker if you are handy with tools.