Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Cannon Troubleshooting

GFD70 SS

Question

I recently purchased a Ryobi pressure washer and paired it with an MTM foam cannon. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and had a few issues.

When I pulled the trigger, I got a decent foam mixture but it wasn't at full pressure. It was basically the equivalent of my foam gun. After about a minute of holding down the trigger, the pressure boosted and it seemed to work as designed. As soon as I released the trigger and pulled it again, I lost pressure.

This is the pressure washer:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2-000-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141900/205566055

5 answers to this question

I use a Ryobi pressure washer with a much worse than MTM foam canon. My first question is was your first squeeze with your pressure washer with the foam canon? What I mean is I normally put a regular nozzle on the gun and hold down the trigger for 30 seconds to a minute before I do anything with the pressure washer. Also how long is your hose? I noticed when I upgraded my hose, the pressure took longer to reach the gun.

35 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I use a Ryobi pressure washer with a much worse than MTM foam canon. My first question is was your first squeeze with your pressure washer with the foam canon? What I mean is I normally put a regular nozzle on the gun and hold down the trigger for 30 seconds to a minute before I do anything with the pressure washer. Also how long is your hose? I noticed when I upgraded my hose, the pressure took longer to reach the gun.

Interesting. I'll give that a try next time. The only other possibility I can think off is that the pressure washer is only a 1.2 gpm where MTM recommends a 1.4 gpm minimum.

Just now, GFD70 SS said:

Interesting. I'll give that a try next time. The only other possibility I can think off is that the pressure washer is only a 1.2 gpm where MTM recommends a 1.4 gpm minimum.

Try @nateeric 's trick too. My 1.2 gpm works fine on my cheap foam cannon. Did you have any issues with your fittings? and WAs this a new pressure washer?

15 hours ago, GFD70 SS said:

I have the MTM with my greenworks, and it works just fine.  Did you change the orifice to the 1.1?