Customer Service 866.965.0400
Sign in to follow this  
GFD70 SS

Foam Cannon Troubleshooting

Question

I recently purchased a Ryobi pressure washer and paired it with an MTM foam cannon. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and had a few issues.

When I pulled the trigger, I got a decent foam mixture but it wasn't at full pressure. It was basically the equivalent of my foam gun. After about a minute of holding down the trigger, the pressure boosted and it seemed to work as designed. As soon as I released the trigger and pulled it again, I lost pressure.

This is the pressure washer:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2-000-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141900/205566055

5 answers to this question

I use a Ryobi pressure washer with a much worse than MTM foam canon. My first question is was your first squeeze with your pressure washer with the foam canon? What I mean is I normally put a regular nozzle on the gun and hold down the trigger for 30 seconds to a minute before I do anything with the pressure washer. Also how long is your hose? I noticed when I upgraded my hose, the pressure took longer to reach the gun.

Could possibly be air in the line of the pressure washer too...try bleeding it by leaving the power of the washer off and hold down the trigger for a bit to make sure all the air is purged out of the line.

35 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I use a Ryobi pressure washer with a much worse than MTM foam canon. My first question is was your first squeeze with your pressure washer with the foam canon? What I mean is I normally put a regular nozzle on the gun and hold down the trigger for 30 seconds to a minute before I do anything with the pressure washer. Also how long is your hose? I noticed when I upgraded my hose, the pressure took longer to reach the gun.

Interesting. I'll give that a try next time. The only other possibility I can think off is that the pressure washer is only a 1.2 gpm where MTM recommends a 1.4 gpm minimum.

Just now, GFD70 SS said:

Interesting. I'll give that a try next time. The only other possibility I can think off is that the pressure washer is only a 1.2 gpm where MTM recommends a 1.4 gpm minimum.

Try @nateeric 's trick too. My 1.2 gpm works fine on my cheap foam cannon. Did you have any issues with your fittings? and WAs this a new pressure washer?

15 hours ago, GFD70 SS said:

I have the MTM with my greenworks, and it works just fine.  Did you change the orifice to the 1.1?