Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from Southern California

cskipgo

Hello everyone!  New here from Southern California.  Not a detailer, just someone trying to take better care of my cars.  After lengthy research, it led me here and to Adam's products.  Looking forward to making my cars shine!

If any experts have some advise I would appreciate it.  My cars are a 2016 Mazda CX-5 (Reflex Blue Mica, a medium blue) and a 2019 Camaro (Shadow Gray Metallic, a charcoal gray/blue).

My plan is:

Strip Wash

Visco Clay Bar

Strip Wash?

Revive Hand Polish

Brilliant Glaze??

Paint Sealant

Americana Wax

Brilliant Glaze?

Follow up after first wash with H20 Guard and Gloss

If anyone has any pointers or  two cents, it is welcome!

Thanks!

Welcome Skip! You came to the right place. I know you say you're not a detailer, but man it sure sounds like you are - You've already started thinking of how to best decontaminate and protect your finish! and If you're not a detailer, my advise is prepare to become one... you may become addicted to the Adam's shine.

Your plan sounds pretty good. A few small things:

• I would use Iron Remover before the clay stage, this will help dissolve some of the metallic particles in your paint that you may have trouble getting with a clay bar. (If you have Wheel Cleaner, I heard you can dilute it 1:1, and it will suffice for this chemical decontamination) 
  • Another thing to consider is to look at the clay bar options. There are multiple. I use Visco Clay because I like it and I think it's easy to work with, but it may be more abrasive than some of the other options. Check out the Fine Grade Clay Bar to see if that's a good fit for you.
  • I don't think you need to strip wash after the clay bar 
  • and, I would save Brilliant Glaze for last. I think Brilliant Glaze will affect the longevity of your Paint Sealant, so use the Paint sealant as your base of protection. Brilliant Glaze is amazing and will give you a lot of pop! <That's my opinion, others claim some good results when using Brilliant Glaze below Paint Selant. Also pro tip: use Brilliant GLaze on the interior of your windshield... You won't Regret it!

In the future washes, you will want to use Car Shampoo or if you have a foam cannon, I recommend Mega Foam Shampoo. If you reuse Strip Wash it will remove all the protection you worked so hard to apply. And then yes, I think you'll love H20 G&G it's an amazing product.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

3 hours ago, cskipgo said:

Hello everyone!  New here from Southern California.  Not a detailer, just someone trying to take better care of my cars.  After lengthy research, it led me here and to Adam's products.  Looking forward to making my cars shine!

If any experts have some advise I would appreciate it.  My cars are a 2016 Mazda CX-5 (Reflex Blue Mica, a medium blue) and a 2019 Camaro (Shadow Gray Metallic, a charcoal gray/blue).

My plan is:

Strip Wash

Visco Clay Bar

Strip Wash?

Revive Hand Polish

Brilliant Glaze??

Paint Sealant

Americana Wax

Brilliant Glaze?

Follow up after first wash with H20 Guard and Gloss

If anyone has any pointers or  two cents, it is welcome!

Thanks!

Welcome!

I wouldn't do a strip wash after claying.

3 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Welcome Skip! You came to the right place. I know you say you're not a detailer, but man it sure sounds like you are - You've already started thinking of how to best decontaminate and protect your finish! and If you're not a detailer, my advise is prepare to become one... you may become addicted to the Adam's shine.

Your plan sounds pretty good. A few small things:

• I would use Iron Remover before the clay stage, this will help dissolve some of the metallic particles in your paint that you may have trouble getting with a clay bar. (If you have Wheel Cleaner, I heard you can dilute it 1:1, and it will suffice for this chemical decontamination) 
  • Another thing to consider is to look at the clay bar options. There are multiple. I use Visco Clay because I like it and I think it's easy to work with, but it may be more abrasive than some of the other options. Check out the Fine Grade Clay Bar to see if that's a good fit for you.
  • I don't think you need to strip wash after the clay bar 
  • and, I would save Brilliant Glaze for last. I think Brilliant Glaze will affect the longevity of your Paint Sealant, so use the Paint sealant as your base of protection. Brilliant Glaze is amazing and will give you a lot of pop! <That's my opinion, others claim some good results when using Brilliant Glaze below Paint Selant. Also pro tip: use Brilliant GLaze on the interior of your windshield... You won't Regret it!

In the future washes, you will want to use Car Shampoo or if you have a foam cannon, I recommend Mega Foam Shampoo. If you reuse Strip Wash it will remove all the protection you worked so hard to apply. And then yes, I think you'll love H20 G&G it's an amazing product.

Thanks!  My list is a combination from Adam's customer service and other readings I have found.  I do not take any credit!

Hopefully I am able to be successful in the actual work! 

13 minutes ago, cskipgo said:

Thanks!  Do you recommend any wash or go straight to the Revive polish?

Good question. That's another debated topic. lol. I tend to rinse after a decontamination. I normally do the decon right after I have finished washing (without drying). 

So to put it chronologically:

• Wash
  • Iron Remover
  • Clay (with DS)
  • Rinse
  • Dry
  • Revive Hand Polish

I don't know if there's a "right" answer. This is just a process that I'm comfortable with and works for me. You may find that you prefer a different process.

Thanks everyone!

I am trying to set up a long term, or annual plan.  If I use Paint Sealant every 9-12 months, with wax or HGG in between, do I need to do a Strip Wash before I Paint Sealant again?  

Any suggestions on:

Annual - Paint Sealant, Americana

Every 6 months - Americana

Every 3 months - Buttery

Monthly - HGG

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cskipgo said:

Next move is to take the 30 minute drive to the new Adam's California location.  Luckily it is less than an hour away.  (Have to convince the wife that the 4 orders and two mystery boxes leaves room for more!)

The car looks great.  I didn't see where you have any Glass Boost, which you should use over the Glass Sealant on a monthly basis.   The fuel cost of getting to the store is probably less than the shipping cost for the one item

7 minutes ago, RayS said:

The car looks great.  I didn't see where you have any Glass Boost, which you should use over the Glass Sealant on a monthly basis.   The fuel cost of getting to the store is probably less than the shipping cost for the one item

Perfect!  HAHA!  Thanks!  Definitely need to add that!  

I straightened up my supplies after two long days, and realized how much my arsenal has morphed in the last 3 months.

Before and After.......

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2336.JPG