Customer Service 866.965.0400

Iron remover left some spotting

makaman

Question

Yesterday I figured id decontaminate with some iron remover as ive had my ceramic coat on for a about 4 or so months.  What was weird is that when i left it on i didnt let it dry or stay too long and the weather was still relatively cool, maybe 65 degrees and about 630am.  When i was done drying i noticed what looked liked water spots on my A pilars but not on the actual body.  Ive used the iron remover before and never saw this.  Anyway I was able to polish her out but damn it had me pissed for a second.  I did end up putting a coat of the ceramic liquid wax on after.  Curious if anyone else saw this?  

IMG_20190720_084811.jpg

Screenshot_20190721-093642_Photos.jpg

20190720_102456.jpg

7 answers to this question

Same thing to my wheels a while back. Also polished out, but took some work. Not the end of the world since they ended up looking great from the polish job, but was still upset. Valuable lesson; test a spot. Must be something with this black, non-paint type surface.  I’ve never had it spot paint either.  Oh well. 

23F4C6B0-38DB-478D-8AD3-5F3491739CE7.jpeg

D18A9215-CA3C-4FE6-82D8-9DD70D6F0BC7.jpeg

C96BD8E7-D546-4965-80D6-B6351595307C.jpeg

08E218BE-FFBF-4F3A-A806-637477A23118.jpeg

Man that sucks but glad yours came out too!!  I guess I didnt rinse good enough since the last time it never did this.  It actually took me longer to take out the swirl killer than to get rid of the spots which also helped me get rid of some dealer swirls too that have been bugging me.

Haha next time I mess up I'll try those and let you know.  I did try detail spray and nothing.  I did have some swirl marks from the last dealer wash so it was a kick in the *** to finally do it 🤙🏽🤙🏽

10 hours ago, makaman said:

Haha next time I mess up I'll try those and let you know.  I did try detail spray and nothing.  I did have some swirl marks from the last dealer wash so it was a kick in the *** to finally do it 🤙🏽🤙🏽

You're supposed to learn and not do it again 😁 😆. And it wasn't really a mess up, but since you said it, it could make a good entry on the Don't Do thread!