Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should I use Glass Boost or Glass Sealant? Are they complementary to each other?

them240i

Question

As the question asks, is one better than the other, or is it like the Ceramic products where one is the first time application, and the other is just a booster?

I live in a part of San Bernardino County, California in which we have a crazy amount of pollution, and when we have a Santa Ana Wind Event, we have an unobstructed line from the Cajon Pass, in which the wind barrels down from the desert, bringing along a lot of particulate matter. 

Additionally, are there any contraindications with the Glass Boost / Glass Sealant and features like Subaru's Eyesight? 

4 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, them240i said:

As the question asks, is one better than the other, or is it like the Ceramic products where one is the first time application, and the other is just a booster?

I live in a part of San Bernardino County, California in which we have a crazy amount of pollution, and when we have a Santa Ana Wind Event, we have an unobstructed line from the Cajon Pass, in which the wind barrels down from the desert, bringing along a lot of particulate matter. 

Additionally, are there any contraindications with the Glass Boost / Glass Sealant and features like Subaru's Eyesight? 

I’m not sure what you mean by Subaru’s Eyesight. If that’s a safety feature, then I have sealed my glss and there’s been no obstructions with my forward camera or sensors or anything.

to answer your initial question, the glss sealant is meant to be your base layer of protection. So you would clean the class real well with glass cleaner and clay ther glass. And once it’s perfectly clean and dry, you apply glass sealant. 

Glss boost is meant to be be used as a boost to the protection in the future.

im in Newport Beach right now and I’m noticing many vehicles that look like they may have experienced what you’re talking about. They look completely sandblasted of covered in salt or something.

aditionally, I would recommend using brilliant glaze on the inside of your windshield. That will enhance your windshields clarity and help when your windshield catches light and weird angles.

I’m that case, I would look in your manual or warranty info to make sure using a glass cleaner and sealant wouldn’t void your warranty. And if it’s questionable, then I think it would be okay to seal the rest of your windshield but leave where th  cameras are alone. In my head you would only be helping the clarity of your windshield so the cameras could work better, but what do I know.

2 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I’m not sure what you mean by Subaru’s Eyesight. If that’s a safety feature, then I have sealed my glss and there’s been no obstructions with my forward camera or sensors or anything.

to answer your initial question, the glss sealant is meant to be your base layer of protection. So you would clean the class real well with glass cleaner and clay ther glass. And once it’s perfectly clean and dry, you apply glass sealant. 

Glss boost is meant to be be used as a boost to the protection in the future.

im in Newport Beach right now and I’m noticing many vehicles that look like they may have experienced what you’re talking about. They look completely sandblasted of covered in salt or something.

aditionally, I would recommend using brilliant glaze on the inside of your windshield. That will enhance your windshields clarity and help when your windshield catches light and weird angles.

Yeah, it's the safety feature with the 2 cameras near the top of the windshield that run some of the safety features, but they also carry various warnings about how one should not get too close to the system, or risk getting the system fouled up. 

And, it makes me cringe when I have to drive through the desert and the flashing "dust storm ahead" or "gusty winds ahead" signs are illuminated. Although, they still have the "I-10 closed, use 86S to I-8" sign in Indio. 

I love both the sealant and the boost!  I swear by them.  I don’t see any issues with my 2019 Tahoe, its top of the line with all the crap built in the windshield.  But since you have actual cams in there, I would call Subaru’s headquarters,  folks at the dealership never have had a good answer for me.  I could tell you stories for days, but I just call Chevy Headquarters when I want a real answer.

Heres a little video too, enjoy, and best of luck