Customer Service 866.965.0400

New From GA

Low_Kuntree

🙋‍♂️

Been looking for some quality detailing supplies! Building a show truck and need to step up the detail game. Awesome to see a forum built around this! 

What's the 1st product that I must try?

My 1st purchase!

Foam Cannon Kit

Leather Care Kit

Wheel/Tire Cleaners

All Purpose Cleaner

Bonus:

Interior Detail

Iron Remover

20190805_140237.jpg

Edited by Low_Kuntree
Update

Welcome to the addiction, Joe! Let's see some pics of that truck!!

Detail Spray is a perfect start and is Adam's flagship product. But I must warm you the orders will come fast and furious soon after, so get your wallet ready! Mystery Boxes are also an ideal way to start and try new things, so consider getting one now since they're for sale, or check out the history for an idea of the next release.

Recommend you read this as you begin and keep asking any questions...

Welcome to the forum Joe.  I read enough of the forum and recommendations that I started with the Detail Spray Kit which included MicroFiber Towels and DS.   Once you've used the DS and Adam's MF towels, you'll see the difference they make and really appreciate the products.

Edited by RayS

4 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Welcome! I will definitely recommend Detail Spray too, but I'm the oddball and the first Adam's product I ever used was Leather Conditioner. It's still one of my favorites, and you can use it on interior vinyl and plastics too!

Just put in an order for leather cleaner and conditioner! Cant wait to try it!

1 hour ago, Low_Kuntree said:

Just put in an order for leather cleaner and conditioner! Cant wait to try it!

Both are great products.  I got through 20 times as much Leather Conditioner as I do the Leather Cleaner.  Unless the Leather is soiled and truly needs cleaning, you should be able to just the conditioner.  As Leather ages it gets a distinct look and when it has been treated and conditioned properly it will look clean, yet show the vintage characteristics. 

The good thing about the Adam's Leather Conditioner is that is ads moisture to the leather without making it feel oily and it also smells great.

When I get older leather that has not been cared for, I start with a small test spot, usually behind where the seat belts connect.  I always start with the Leather Condition and use a small amount, wait an hour and look at it and just as import feel it compared to the areas next to it.  If with soft and you fingers glide across it and it looks good, proceed with the seats.  If it looks good, but isn't soft or smooth you need another coat.   If it neither feels nor looks good, go to a different seat and under the seat belt buckle, use the Leather Cleaner.  

It works great on older vehicles with Vinyl tops, many Tonneau covers, dashes, door panels, most center consoles, leather office chair and even on your shoes.   If you have ventilated seats, it works there just fine as the other members on this forum told me before I did the seats in the wife's new Terrain Denali. 

As a side note, if you do an entire interior it can get a strong smell, but if leave the windows open for a couple of hours it dissipates nicely.

Here's my truck form recent car show! She's not got a lot of shine at the moment, and may never! (Plans for a faux patina paint job) I like what I have seen with the Matte Detailer(?), in that it is best with matte finishes. But she will have other areas of attention needed!!

20190727_123218.jpg

20190727_123121.jpg

20190727_124941.jpg

Edited by Low_Kuntree

4 hours ago, Low_Kuntree said:

Here's my truck form recent car show! She's not got a lot of shine at the moment, and may never! (Plans for a faux patina paint job) I like what I have seen with the Matte Detailer(?), in that it is best with matte finishes. But she will have other areas of attention needed!!

Not sure what all you have planned, but Waterless Wash (either Ready To Use or diluted from Rinseless Wash) should fix you up.  It can help with windows and bumps, and contains very little gloss enhancers.

14 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Not sure what all you have planned, but Waterless Wash (either Ready To Use or diluted from Rinseless Wash) should fix you up.  It can help with windows and bumps, and contains very little gloss enhancers.

Will keep that in mind!!