Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to ceramic coatings, prep?

madspeed

Question

Not too ling ago I did a paint correction on my Audi S3 using some Adams product that I've had in my arsenal for a while.  I first used Severe Swirl Remover, then Fine Machine Polish, then sealed with Machine Super Sealant, then Brilliant Glaze, then Americana Wax. Looks good, should last a while, but looking at ceramic coatings and would like to apply before winter hits. Any recommended steps I should follow prior to applying a ceramic coating?

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, madspeed said:

Not too ling ago I did a paint correction on my Audi S3 using some Adams product that I've had in my arsenal for a while.  I first used Severe Swirl Remover, then Fine Machine Polish, then sealed with Machine Super Sealant, then Brilliant Glaze, then Americana Wax. Looks good, should last a while, but looking at ceramic coatings and would like to apply before winter hits. Any recommended steps I should follow prior to applying a ceramic coating?

Yes of course. There are several posts on the forum that may help. Let me see if I can find one to link for you.

updated:

heres a link for you. I wrote my process down in a post. It may not pertain exactly to your situation, so please feel free to ask me for any questions you may have. I’d be happy to answer.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/36859-new-to-this-game/?tab=comments#comment-565097

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Long story short, if you are happy with the finish and don’t need/want any correction work, I’d personally go over it real quick with finishing polish, then Coating prep wipe down, then coating...and call it good! Yes, it is that simple.