Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coating Questions

tgchin9

Question

Going to ceramic coat my car soon...it is already paint corrected. What are you thoughts on the Adams ceramic paint coating compared to other brands like CQuartz, etc.? Longevity and ease of applying the coating is a very important deciding factor as well. If i went to another brand I would still use Adam's products like the ceramic wax and boost to maintain it.

7 answers to this question

Based on my experience with the consumer based Ceramic products from Adams, that are all backed by a 110% guarantee, I can say I was impressed with Ceramic Boost 1.0, very happy with CB 2.0 and Awestruck with Ceramic Paste Wax.   Then I got my hands on the Wash + Coat and Ceramic Waterless Wash and the experiences just keep getting better.  So far, I have not saw a reason to look elsewhere nor have I asked for any refunds.

Ceramic spray coating is the easiest application there is. 4 hours for curing. And about 6-8 months protection when properly maintained. Really an amazing product and I don’t know how somebody dreamed this one up.

the paint coating should last ~12 months. And I’ve seen great results from Adams paint coating. Traditional 24 hour cure time.

other brands seem to also get good results, but Ceramic Spray Coating has my heart right now.

Juan, Adam's Paint Coating will last well past 12 months if applied and maintained properly. It's been on my wife's car for 2 1/2 years now I believe. I just had the car out for some PDR work. The guy had trouble getting his glue to hold his suction cup to a larger crease he was trying to pull. He had to polish the area clean to get it to stick. It was due to the Ceramic Coating, the car sits outside 24/7/365.

I agree with Rich above. The product is too new for most of us to have comparisons to other brands.

4 hours ago, BRZN said:

Juan, Adam's Paint Coating will last well past 12 months if applied and maintained properly. It's been on my wife's car for 2 1/2 years now I believe. I just had the car out for some PDR work. The guy had trouble getting his glue to hold his suction cup to a larger crease he was trying to pull. He had to polish the area clean to get it to stick. It was due to the Ceramic Coating, the car sits outside 24/7/365.

I agree with Rich above. The product is too new for most of us to have comparisons to other brands.

That’s awesome. I started using ceramic coatings less than a year ago, I didn’t realize it lasted that long. 

I'm new here as well and am trying to figure a lot of this out for myself. Back in early 2018 right after I purchased my new car, a friend at work told me I should have it Ceramic coated. I had never heard of this before but after a lot of reading about it on the internet, I decided I wanted to try it. I could only locate one guy who was actually doing the work in western West Virginia/eastern Kentucky/southern Ohio at the time. So, in September 2018, I had my 2018 Subaru Forester ceramic coated by a guy in Huntington West Virginia. The car had approximately 5,000 miles on it when he applied ceramic coating to all paint, trim, tires and glass. The product he used was not Adam's. I loved the look and the results. He charged me $390 plus tip $425. He told me to never use the carwash that I had to hand wash my car going forward.

Fast forward to this year, I had a complete color change vinyl wrap applied to the Subaru the end of March 2019. There was a lot of discussion as to whether he would have to remove the ceramic coating prior to installing the vinyl. It ended up he didn't have to strip the ceramic coating. He then applied Another produce and vinyl. I was never impressed from the moment I first saw the vehicle. The roof was wrapped in gloss black and was streaked and looked horrible. I couldn't tell if it was the lousy wrap or the ceramic coating done poorly. I was never able to tell if he even applied the ceramic coating. I only say this because the wrap was done so poorly there were parts that literally fell off the car. With that said, the car did bead when water hit it like hydrophobic reaction. The tires and trim and such already had ceramic coating from the original guy in West Virginia so I didn't worry about them.

I have now as of last week, had the wrap on the roof, rear spoiler, shark fin, outside mirrors, all door handles and the complete front bumper and grill replaced by another company. Since the new wrap installer doesn't work with ceramic coatings, it will be up to me to figure it out going forward. The new vinyl has NOT been treated as of yet.

I have just recently, last week, learned about Adam's Polishes. First I have to figure out what steps are necessary for me to perform before applying Adam's Ceramic. Do I have to do paint correction since I don't have paint? I don't think you could ever buff swirls out of vinyl but what do I know? What do I need to do and what products to use. These are the things I have to learn.

In addition to my Subaru, I had my wifes Lexus ES350 ceramic coated as well with another product. He was supposed to coat the COMPLETE car interior and exterior. While I believe he applied coating to the exterior, I'm not convinced he did the complete car and did a good job. The Lexus does not have vinyl, so it will be easier to figure out. He did perform the paint correction in April so I don't believe I'll have to do that step. Not sure what all I'll need to do yet but I have time as I retired in March this year and these two cars are my new job. Thinking about driving to West Palm for the Cars and Coffee and maybe someone can advise me. 

All of this to say, I have NOT used Adam's Polishes Ceramic coatings YET. While I did like the  other product and believe it was applied correctly and did a good job. It is still below the layer of vinyl hopefully protecting the original paint. I was told when he applied it that it had a 2 year life as long as it was recoated, I guess with a boost like product yearly. My wife's Lexus looks pretty good and the other product is still beading. However, the ceramic coating was supposed to have been put on the windshield and it has no hydrophobic traits at all. He told me to buy and apply a different product  to maintain the coating which I did but have NOT used yet.

So that is what I know about other products. My personal plan is to use Adam's Polishes products going forward. I need to learn what to use given my circumstances in order to know how to proceed but I will use Adam's, this I know for sure.

I hope this helps.