Customer Service 866.965.0400

Orange spots...

Eric91Z

Question

Ok, hope this is right section for this.  Couple weeks ago did a full wash, paint sealant, BG, etc.  Truck looking great.  Did 1000 mile round trip road trip, parked outside at night at place we stayed, even got rained on.  Thought she still looked good after getting back.  Finally get around to a wash again this morning and find these orange spots - kind of raised, can feel with finger and catch with a nail - all over all horizontal surfaces.  Tried Strip Wash and bug scrubber on them, but nothing  These things are not coming off easy.

Don't have time today to try clay bar or other options, but wanted to get opinions on what route I should try stuff to get this removed?  All input appreciated.

IMG_6791.jpg

IMG_6792.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I think the next thing to try is clay bar very gently though.

I've also read some interesting approaches from @shane@detailedreflections - he likes to use a steamer and a plastic razor, but I'll let him comment and give his suggestions for you.

Yeah, was thinking clay bar would be next.

Had some what I think is fresh tar spots on the Impala.  Tried Strip Wash and clay bar on that and nothing.  Tried Heavy Correcting Compound (as was hitting some other areas as well) and nothing.  Then the Correcting Polish and that finally took them off.  Finished with Finishing Polish and Paint Sealant and BG and all was good there.  Just hope don't have to go through all of that with the truck.  It is the entire hood and roof with few others spots.  Even just found one of these spots on side window!

If it is tar or any type of sap, I've found that letting some Car Shampoo dwell on it for a minute or two and then using a plastic razor blade works well.  The Car Shampoo sometimes softens the item, can seep underneath and makes a great lubricant to prevent scratches.