Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT QUESTION

pilatti1

Question

I was told you can use VRT on plastic rear windows. I have a 1965 Mustang Convertible & want the plastic rear window to look like new. It is about 10 years old and has some scratches etc. Will VRT work or what else can I use?

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, pilatti1 said:

I was told you can use VRT on plastic rear windows. I have a 1965 Mustang Convertible & want the plastic rear window to look like new. It is about 10 years old and has some scratches etc. Will VRT work or what else can I use?

I would not recommend VRT for the window.      

On the Mustang, which is a 98 convertible, I use Adam's Glass Cleaner followed by Brilliant Glaze inside and out.  If it is exceptionally dirty, you can use diluted APC by putting on a rag and wiping to window to prevent getting any on the top itself.    The picture of the back window isn't the greatest, but it does it looking pretty good.  The second picture is a Golf Car which was cleaned inside and out with Adam's Glass Cleaner and then gone over with Brilliant Glaze.    I'm sure you know how much abuse golf carts can get, yet you don't see the scratches or other marks in the windshield.  

When I head back to Florida, I will be using Ceramic Spray Coating on the Golf Cart, including the windshield.  

IMG_0289.jpeg

Club Car 4.jpeg

VRT is for Vinyl and rubber.  Not plastic.   I'm thinking maybe the Interior Cleaning Gel since it's made for plastics.  Spray on a micro and wipe your "window" to clean it.   Or the Adam's Aerosol Glass Cleaner since it's okay to use on window tint.  But I don't think I'd use the VRT.  Just my opinion.

16 hours ago, RayS said:

I would not recommend VRT for the window.      

On the Mustang, which is a 98 convertible, I use Adam's Glass Cleaner followed by Brilliant Glaze inside and out.  If it is exceptionally dirty, you can use diluted APC by putting on a rag and wiping to window to prevent getting any on the top itself.    The picture of the back window isn't the greatest, but it does it looking pretty good.  The second picture is a Golf Car which was cleaned inside and out with Adam's Glass Cleaner and then gone over with Brilliant Glaze.    I'm sure you know how much abuse golf carts can get, yet you don't see the scratches or other marks in the windshield.  

When I head back to Florida, I will be using Ceramic Spray Coating on the Golf Cart, including the windshield.  

IMG_0289.jpeg

Club Car 4.jpeg

BOTH LOOK GREAT...THANKS FOR THE INFO

On 8/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, RayS said:

On the Mustang, which is a 98 convertible, I use Adam's Glass Cleaner followed by Brilliant Glaze inside and out. 

Okay, I've seen in numerous posts where almost everyone states BG doesn't last but a day or two. I've also seen in numerous responses using BG on the inside of the glass is a great way to keep the insides clean.

If I use BG on the outside, do I have to reapply every 2-3 days?

1 hour ago, SgtLip said:

Okay, I've seen in numerous posts where almost everyone states BG doesn't last but a day or two. I've also seen in numerous responses using BG on the inside of the glass is a great way to keep the insides clean.

If I use BG on the outside, do I have to reapply every 2-3 days?

You can apply it as often as you like. It won't build up like other products. Enjoy the shine!!

On 8/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, pilatti1 said:

IMO, the answer depends on your goal (e.g., appearance, UV protection, etc). Brilliant Glaze and/or VRT can be used, though VRT might require some "leveling" to ensure it doesn't affect the window's clarity. Based on my recollection of the platic window in my father's convertible when I was a kid, I'd want something that provides UV protection, which VRT does. With that in mind, I'd treat it with VRT and "level" as required with Detail Spray or Matte Detailer. It's only water resistant (not waterproof) so, unless you apply it repeatedly between washes, it shouldn't build up.