Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie From Michigan

FISHERWERKE

Hello everyone,

I am new to Adam's Polishes and diving back into detailing cars. I used to do it on the side as a teenager and a little bit in my college years at a body shop. Having gotten busy with life for a bit(military, marriage, house renovations) I feel its time to dive back in. Get my cars cleaned up the way I used to, clean some project/flips, and explore the potential of doing this on the side again. 

I have lots of questions, There are so many products out there now it makes my head spin. I sent in an email through the site hoping to get some answers soon. I'll be reading and posting as well.

Thank you! 

Welcome to Adam's Forums!  

There are lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks on there that started in the same place you are.  Post up your specific questions, and someone will provide answers.  

Thanks everyone, 

One hopefully quick question. I have a basically brand new DeWalt rotary polisher that I want to keep using since it was almost $200 and is new. Does anyone know of a place to get a backing plate that would allow me to use Adam's pads? I love the color coordinated system. 

Quick question, How should I store my Adam's products? In the past I have always kept all soaps, waxes, etc in the garage but it is not climate controlled and gets very hot in the mid day and very cold in the winter. Should they be kept indoors?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, FISHERWERKE said:

Quick question, How should I store my Adam's products? In the past I have always kept all soaps, waxes, etc in the garage but it is not climate controlled and gets very hot in the mid day and very cold in the winter. Should they be kept indoors?

Thanks!

There is a thread that was started in 2012 and has been updated over time with the shelf life and storage recommendations.  I recommend reading it and then posting as specific questions you have.  I'm in South Carolina and the heat is out big problem.  I have a climate controlled room within my garage, but even that gets a bit warm, so the premium products, Ceramic Paste Wax and Patriots Wax are kept in the house and before I take them out to use them, I put them in the refrigerator for a 1/2 hour.   If they start to get too warm while I'm doing a car, I'll take a break and back in the Fridge they go. 

Welcome to the addiction! From an Air Force guy to a fellow vet, thanks for your service!!

We are all here to help and learn, so keep the questions coming...

P.S. In the past the website email function didn't work, so if you don't get a response soon, go ahead and ask them here (on respective forums to get most visibility?