Customer Service 866.965.0400

Boat Correction

FISHERWERKE

Question

Hello everyone,

I asked this question via email and had a reply but I had some further questions. I have a boat that has not been polished in a while if ever... I did use some old 1 step 3M and by hand was able to get it to shine pretty well. I was told to use Adam's Heavy Correcting Polish with a foam pad then to ceramic coat it. What type of ceramic coating would I be using? And this is just applied on top of the correcting compound? No wax?

The amount of automotive detailing products out there now blows my mind! 

4 answers to this question

Heavy Compound (Blue) may leave some haze, so I would suggest following the Heavy Compound with Correcting Polish (Orange) with an Orange Pad. If you feel you need a better finish, Use Finishing Polish (White) On top of the Correcting Polish. Then you will want to do a quick wipe down with Surface Prep. Surface Prep will remove the polishing oils or anything that may be on the surface to ensure that the Ceramic Coating bonds correctly. Then Use the ceramic coating of your choice. And yes you're right! No wax!

Ceramic Spray Coating is one of my favorite products. It is probably the easiest way to apply a Ceramic Coating. However, the durability is less than applying the traditional Ceramic Paint Coating. I have not coated a boat, so I cannot speak to the durability. Will you be keeping your boat in water or do you keep it out of water?

So that's something to take into account.

Maybe you don't need the most heavy duty coating, maybe the Ceramic Spray Coating would work well for you since you don't keep in in water... - Or maybe you do, I don't really know how boat paint is affected by being submerged for long periods of time.

Actually, Adam's new One Step polish and pads are safe for gel coats so that's what I'd recommend form correction. For protection, ceramic paste wax would be an easier option since it doesn't need to have the paint prepped quite like coatings. But if you do coat, agreed the Ceramic Spray is a great option...and you can top it with ceramic paste wax, ceramic boost, etc.