Customer Service 866.965.0400
buffalobob920

Ceramic paint coating

Question

I ceramic coated this car with Adams paint coating around two years ago I don’t think it was ever taken care of I got it back and there is no protection on it at all  is that normal wear what is the life expectancy of the coating it needs a ton of work on it paint correction trim restoration 

771B19DD-6DC1-44F0-909B-2E0FBE6479A5.jpeg

F170D04C-F8A5-4A59-9883-82FCBF0DB1C9.jpeg

6F201769-EE93-4DB1-9683-D0E21CA761DC.jpeg

FAB5C62B-9B1C-48D1-BA62-6105F321BC4F.jpeg

3D526B71-1E94-4E12-9B52-AF59E66B3123.jpeg

15 answers to this question

I think the Ceramic Paint Coating will last like 24 months, but I’m pretty sure that would require some maintenance and up keep. If it was neglected the yeah it’s likely that the coating may have been worn down or stripped at some point.

Dealing with the northern winters and most likely automatic car washes, I suspect it will need a full correction.  What I'm not seeing is any rust in the pictures, so that at least points to the vehicle having some protection for a couple of years.

No it doesn’t have any rust the water lays flat it doses have swirls I just did the interior which came out great but the paint I have hours of paint correction didn’t wash it yet and decontaminate it will post pictures when I finish it 

@RayS is right, if they took this to automatic car washes and those used a harsh shampoo, that may explain why the ceramic may have been stripped. Not to mention it normally needs to be washed and replenished with something like Ceramic Boost.

Excited to see your results!

Looks nice. Good work. I guess I'm going to have to learn to do that.

Edited by SgtLip
Fix typo