Customer Service 866.965.0400

OMG who are these people!?!?!?

SS LeadFoot

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Believe it or not my son is in the 12%.  He has  ZERO interest in cars or caring for them. And he's 42.

This is interesting.  You're addicted to shining and so am I, so we have that in common.  I'm guessing my addiction must be a bit worse than yours or my girls have figured out how to exploit my weakness.    My girls all love to have a nice shiny vehicle and they don't hesitate to drop it off and take one of my vehicles so I can make theirs "Pretty" again.  They also managed to both get husbands that are want their vehicles looking nice and also ensure my addiction is appeased.   The oldest daughter is happy to help on the vehicles and my youngest's husband is who does the mechanical work while I do the shining on the cars to be flipped. 

I apologize for the remainder of this thread, but as a math major who loves statistics, I simply can't help myself. 

Let's look at Lies, Darn Lies and Statistics:   In my family, we have 6 people, 1.5 Clean their cars.

The question as it relates to the 12% is where do my kids and wife fall in the survey?  Based on the statement of "Never cleaned their car", that would mean in my family it is 75%.  If the statement were, "Never had their car cleaned", then it becomes 0%.  Is it an interpretation of the words or the actual words that make up the percentage?  

The next point is the total number of respondents.  Based on the Rich and his son, the statistics would be 50% in lieu of the 12% quoted in the article.  

Do I believe the 12% is an accurate number, nope, I think it should be higher.  Then again, there may be many people who might think that when it rains, their vehicle is getting washed.  

5 hours ago, RayS said:

Let's look at Lies, Darn Lies and Statistics:   In my family, we have 6 people, 1.5 Clean their cars.

Yes, a Mark Twain quote, I love it!

We are at 75% don't clean in my family.  My wife likes a clean car and lets me know when it not being maintained to her specifications, and my son & his soon to be wife don't care.  I taught my son the proper methods, and he has helped me on a few details, but he has yet to take an interest in keeping their cars cleaned.

In fairness,  while my son couldn't care less, my daughter has an obsessed husband who drives a black F250  and a white Explorer. So  he's up there nearly with me.  And my wife will nit pick the interiors when she cleans them  (I don't let her touch the paint or outside).  Happy to say, she could probably hold her own in a conversation about Adam's.  She might not be out there  washing and waxing,  she takes mental notes when I'm explaining to her what each bottle,  jar, and towel is for.