Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fabric Pens

SS LeadFoot

Has anyone used a fabric pen before? Want to see if they really hold up and any recommendations on which ones to use. I have an embroidered seat and the stitching has faded over the years. I have tried cleaning it but no luck. Was thinking of using a fabric pen or maybe even a Sharpie. Any advice?

NO SHARPIES!   You'll end up wearing  them.   Go to someplace like Michael's  or Joann Fabrics and get the fabric markers that won't bleed or rub off when wet.

I'll recommend going to an upholstery shop since they have the pens, dyes and can color match to blend it in.  In fact, most of the shops are even able to repair any stitches that are broken.   Repairs can run as low $20, so it is worth getting an estimate before trying a DIY method.

2 minutes ago, RayS said:

I'll recommend going to an upholstery shop since they have the pens, dyes and can color match to blend it in.  In fact, most of the shops are even able to repair any stitches that are broken.   Repairs can run as low $20, so it is worth getting an estimate before trying a DIY method.

Thanks! I'll try that first. Might be cheaper than buying 2 pens. I'll definitely stay away from sharpies

5 minutes ago, RayS said:

Good idea!!   Glad I thought of it.  :lolsmack::bow: