Customer Service 866.965.0400

After ceramic coating

brihvac

Question

9 answers to this question

However I do have 1 mess up and 1 bad spot. If you look at the one picture you can see where I forgot to wipe off some ceramic. The hood picture something happened. Question: Do I just leave it alone or can I buff it out? If I buff it out do I re ceramic it?

86705236-9C8A-4464-969F-CADCD8FB5880.jpeg

55538608-DE03-4392-8976-9BBB8973BC00.jpeg

1 hour ago, brihvac said:

However I do have 1 mess up and 1 bad spot. If you look at the one picture you can see where I forgot to wipe off some ceramic. The hood picture something happened. Question: Do I just leave it alone or can I buff it out? If I buff it out do I re ceramic it?

86705236-9C8A-4464-969F-CADCD8FB5880.jpeg

55538608-DE03-4392-8976-9BBB8973BC00.jpeg

If it has cured, you'll have to polish it off and reapply in that area. Try FP first and white pad, if you have it. Otherwise, step up to orange CP and orange pad. Not a big deal...once leveled out, reapply and remove residue as usual.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:57 PM, falcaineer said:

If it has cured, you'll have to polish it off and reapply in that area. Try FP first and white pad, if you have it. Otherwise, step up to orange CP and orange pad. Not a big deal...once leveled out, reapply and remove residue as usual.

Question:

I did what you said and the marks came right off with correcting polish. So I polished and re- ceramic the entire hood. I still see shadows in the hood after applying the ceramic. They are not real bad but I still see them. If I use something like the correcting polish or Revive hand Polish lightly by hand (before ceramic boost) will that remove the shadows WITHOUT removing the ceramic?

Edited by brihvac

23 hours ago, brihvac said:

Question:

I did what you said and the marks came right off with correcting polish. So I polished and re- ceramic the entire hood. I still see shadows in the hood after applying the ceramic. They are not real bad but I still see them. If I use something like the correcting polish or Revive hand Polish lightly by hand (before ceramic boost) will that remove the shadows WITHOUT removing the ceramic?

I'd try the Revive first since it's not very aggressive and see where that gets you. In theory it's still removing some of the coating, but not as much as a machine polish or the CP.