Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless wash & ceramic coating

brihvac

Question

So I only drive my Dodge Challenger on weekends and take it to a car show now and then. It does not see rain unless I get caught in it. I need something to take surface dirt off and the occasional water spots. My car is ceramic coated. Can I use the waterless wash spray for this? I have Ceramic boost to use monthly or so but need something for in between to clean off road dirt. I saw Adams has Ceramic waterless wash but I do not feel I need that seeing I use the ceramic boost once a month or so. Plus its a lot more expensive than the regular spray. Seems like it would be overkill to get the ceramic waterless wash while I am also using ceramic boost. BUT I am not a professional. Is the regular waterless wash safe to use on ceramic coating?

Edited by brihvac

10 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, brihvac said:

So I only drive my Dodge Challenger on weekends and take it to a car show now and then. It does not see rain unless I get caught in it. I need something to take surface dirt off and the occasional water spots. My car is ceramic coated. Can I use the waterless wash spray for this? I have Ceramic boost to use monthly or so but need something for in between to clean off road dirt. I saw Adams has Ceramic waterless wash but I do not feel I need that seeing I use the ceramic boost once a month or so. Plus its a lot more expensive than the regular spray. Seems like it would be overkill to get the ceramic waterless wash while I am also using ceramic boost. BUT I am not a professional. Is the regular waterless wash safe to use on ceramic coating?

Yes! Waterless was is safe to use on ceramic coating. It will tackle light dirt/dust easily. Check out Rinseless wash you may be interested in that. It can save you some money because you can dilute 16:1 in water to make a bottle of waterless wash.

i do love ceramic waterless wash, it’s is good for cleaning and leaving a small amount of extra protection in your ceramic coat.

9 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Yes! Waterless was is safe to use on ceramic coating. It will tackle light dirt/dust easily. Check out Rinseless wash you may be interested in that. It can save you some money because you can dilute 16:1 in water to make a bottle of waterless wash.

i do love ceramic waterless wash, it’s is good for cleaning and leaving a small amount of extra protection in your ceramic coat.

Problem I see with ceramic waterless wash is if you are using it once a week it will build up and have a negative effect like ceramic boost. I have read on here a guy was using Ceramic boost a lot and it actually dulled his finish. I do not want that to happen to me which is why I didn't want to use anything like ceramic boost which the Ceramic waterless wash is similar.

9 hours ago, brihvac said:

Problem I see with ceramic waterless wash is if you are using it once a week it will build up and have a negative effect like ceramic boost. I have read on here a guy was using Ceramic boost a lot and it actually dulled his finish. I do not want that to happen to me which is why I didn't want to use anything like ceramic boost which the Ceramic waterless wash is similar.

Ceramic Waterless has quite a bit less silica than the Boost and won't build up. It can be used weekly or even more often without concern. It's ideal for your situation of wanting to remove light dust or fingerprints before a show. You'll love it.

10 hours ago, brihvac said:

As @falcaineer mentioned you can use it often on the garage queens without worry.  To really get the extra pop for a show or weekend out,  got it the vehicle with Brilliant Glaze after using Ceramic Waterless Wash.   I keep Waterless Wash and BG in my travel kit to take care of bugs other messes that get on the vehicle during travel.   

59 minutes ago, brihvac said:

Is Adams gonna be having any Labor Day sale? I'm going broke buying all this stuff. Ceramic waterless wash is not cheap. LOL

Most likely, yes. Percentage is TBD, i can almost bet 15% minimum, but if you search "Labor Day" you might find some historical posts... Keep in mind ceramics generally aren't included in sales, but it could happen.

46 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Most likely, yes. Percentage is TBD, i can almost bet 15% minimum, but if you search "Labor Day" you might find some historical posts... Keep in mind ceramics generally aren't included in sales, but it could happen.

Around Christmas is when I got my ceramic coating on sale

Used the Ceramic Waterless this weekend at Carlisle.  Actually had someone ask me if my car was repainted or re-clear coated because of how good it looked.  When I told him no, he asked me what I used, and said he was heading down to the Adam's tent immediately.  

My opinion is that if your car is ceramic coated, stick with the ceramic line.  Just my opinion.